Here are a few more kaleidoscope blocks. I am having so much fun making them (when I can get to my sewing machine). I have been finding more turquoise/agua fabrics. I have cut some up and added them to my pile of strips. If I use every strip in a block, I will have a couple of king sized quilts. Why can't I just cut a few strips? Why must I cut lots of strips? I guess it is because I love my rotary cutter. It is purple, and works much better than my yellow one!
I have also been spending lots of time at the dentist's office. I have had a tooth (the roots were all that was left) surgically removed, a root canal, and a huge cavity removed with a crown forthcoming in the last week. My dental insurance will remember my name by the time they pay what I have left on my dental bills. I cannot believe how much dentists charge. The last root canal that I had done was $600, including the crown. I will be billed $1,095 for the root canal, and I don't know yet how much for the crown. I am really in the wrong business. I will never make that kind of money. The root canal dentist made over $500 an hour from me and my dental insurance. There is a money problem though. My insurance only pays $1,500 a year, so I will have to pay the rest of the money! And here I was planning on sewing all summer! Ha-ha!
I did get a quilt top to the long arm quilter today, and I have one more border to sew onto another mystery quilt and I will be able to get it quilted as well. Of course, who knows where the money will come from to pay for them after I pay off the dentists? I may have to stand on the street corner and sell strawberries, or pencils, or something for extra money!
6 comments:
Sorry to hear about the dentist trips. Not so much fun. And neither is the bill! Bummer.
I love your kaleidoscope blocks! That's gonna be a fun quilt! And I really like your green tomato pin cushion too! Good for you to get some quilt tops done. When do we get to see them?? Hmmm?
The kaleidoscope blocks are gorgeous Pam!
So sorry about the dentist - I agree with you that the money they make is just rediculous. I do love you kaleidescope blocks, particularly the color. That's going to be one beautiful quilt! I have 2 tops to take to the longarm quilter this week and good grief that's gonna' cost. But I can't do the big quilts myself so I'll have to bite the bullet and just take them. Blessings, marlene
The blocks look great. You can always have a box of strips ready for the next project you know. I never cut just what is needed for the project. I could go to those boxes of strips and sew for about 2 years.
I bet your purple cutter is better than the yellow one. the yellow ones are so ordinary and the purple one is SPECIAL.
these blocks are beautiful. Is there a pattern name?
I love the kaleidoscope blocks. Is there a pattern for these?
Post a Comment