Friday, July 11, 2008

About the fender...

I wanted to add to my post about the car fender in the picture with the mystery quilt. That is part of the Porsche that DH bought and has been parked in our driveway for 5 or 10 years. When he bought it and it was towed to our house, he told me he would have it running by Christmas and we would tool around in it while I was on winter break. Ha-ha! Not exactly. At the time he had good intentions, and I believed it would really happen. But then, he encountered the rewiring necessity. That stopped him in his tracks. He even enlisted the aid of one of the daughter's boyfriends. He worked on it, but did not finish it. I have been having trouble with Blogger. Once I post a block, I cannot seem to be able to edit it. Also, if I move around on my blog draft too much, my mouse pointer does not work, and instead of the arrow getting me to a place where I want to change something, I click on the mouse and I have a menu that says "Clip Art". I don't want clip art. I wonder if I have pushed a button/key stroke somehow, and have drifted into another zone (the Twilight Zone)? I am having so much problems with getting pictures in my posts, and then editting a published post. As usual, I do not know how to fix it. And, worse yet, I do not know how I can contact anyone from Blogger and get help to fix it. This is all in addition to my paragraph spacing problem which is always an issue lately. I don't know what I have done to my setup, but it is not good. Anyone else having any problems? Sometimes I cannot leave comments because the comments screen does not come up until I sign off my computer. Oh well, life goes on! Happy Quilting

2 comments:

Norma said...

We have a 1970 Corvette parked in our garage. (the car we owe money on sits in the driveway). My great white hunter has been telling me he is going to fix it and sell it for about five years now. In the winter, it is too cold to work on it, in the spring and fall, there is no time. In the summer, well, geeze, it is too hot.

Maybe when h*ll freezes over, the cars will be taken care of! LOL

Sorry about blogger, I am no help and just pray mine stays just like it is as I can't fix it either. Yahoo is giving me fits. I have discovered if it is a free service, there is no help from a REAl breathing human, you are on your own.

Elaine Adair said...

I LIKE the quilt - it IS different, there's no doubt about it. But hooray, you finished it even though early on you began having doubts. You get a BIG woot woot!!! for getting it DONE!

No help on Blogger, but you might try another browser to do your posting. I absolutely cannot do it in Netscape, but have no problems with Firefox. Netscape continues to give me "encountered a problem and must close" when posting. so that's my only suggestion. And don't beat yourself up, you are not a programmer!