Thursday, July 17, 2008

Kaleidoscope Fun

Elaine (http://www.elaineadair.blogspot.com/) is doing a kaleidoscope quilt. It is gorgeous! She has inspired me to make one also. I cut some strips of turquoise (with a little purple thrown in) and have made my first block. I like the color combination of turqouise and purple. I am trying to make the perfect turquoise and purple quilt (for me). I have made three or four quilt tops with that color combination, and I like every one.
I do not know how big this quilt will be. I am "flying by the seat of my pants" so to speak. I know I will add in some more purple, as I have had purple withdrawal lately. It is fun to make a quilt just from an idea, rather than a pattern. There are still lots of patterns out there that I want to make, but this quilt is a venture into the unknown for me. It is just for play. Thanks Elaine for the inspiration,
Happy Quilting

3 comments:

Norma said...

What brand/type ruler are you using? I am shopping for a 45 degree ruler and they are $$$$$$$$ so want to make sure I get the right one. I love this design, and your colors!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Pam I am absolutely in awe of how much you get done! I really, really must get more focused! blessings, marlene

Sharon said...

I love that block - what great colors! I hope the rest are going together well.
Any luck on getting your blog to behave?? I don't have any words of wisdom for you, sorry. I hope you can resolve it soon.