Monday, August 25, 2008

Exchange Blocks

Aren't these wonderful PURPLE blocks? Yesterday we exchanged our blocks. All the blocks were great, even the beige ones. I really liked the orange person's blocks, and the orange and purple ones, too. But I especially like my purple/blue/burgundy (cool colors) blocks. Above are pictures of some of my blocks. I am thinking of making some more, but not right now. I must get through the first month of school, then I can think about making some more. I still need to make my own two blocks. I decided to wait until I received all my other blocks before I made mine. I thought that I might need some certain colors to balance them out. What I have are more medium to dark colors. I have a couple of lighter color blocks, so I might make a couple more of those to help balance the light and dark.
Since we are quite a lively bunch it made for such a fun time yesterday. After we exchange our blocks, and before we leave, we decide on the guidelines for our next block exchange. There were lots of ideas being thrown around; lots of noise and energy. We sounded like a bunch of cackling hens at a hen party! Everyone was talking at once. But eventually, someone starts writing down ideas, and we eliminate some until we are down to one or two. From there we come up with our guidelines for the next exchange. I think we are exchanging fall blocks, but I will know for sure when I receive the guidelines.
Happy Quilting

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What great crazy blocks! I too love those colors. How big are the blocks? Don't you hate having to wait to dive into a project? It's so much easier when you're hyped about it. Oh well, such is life sometimes. I hope work is going better for you now. And good luck next week!

Gretchen said...

I just found your blog and love love love all the purple quilts!!!! Beautiful and my favorite color!!!