This last weekend I attended a retreat. It was so fun. We sewed and laughed and ate and complained about the drunk baseball dads. Saturday afternoon we had a Jelly Roll Race. In the evening we played Left, Right, Center. I did not win. Sunday we exchanged some friendship blocks. In between all those activities we sewed lots of things. I made four quilt backs (my least favorite quilting activity) and sent them off with our resident machine quilter. One of those quilts I needed to finish the borders, then the back. I am so thrilled to have those four quilts out of my sewing room and on to their machine quilting destination.
The quilt pictures are three of the tops that were finished last weekend, and one quilted (but not bound) quilt. Roberta made the Irish Chain style top, I made the dots baby quilt, and Patti made the Beatles top. The beige piece that is quilted is Jane's quilt. It is a result of two exchanges. First we exchanged the beige star-type blocks (sorry, I don't remember the name of that block). Then Jane brought those blocks to another exchange and those blocks went to Monica to finish into a top. Monica appliqued the center medallion and the Celtic style border. Monica also sewed all the blocks/pieces together into the final top. Jane had it machine quilted. Remember when I showed the quilt top with all the different pumpkins (and one block that represented a slice of pumpkin pie)? That was the quilt I finished for Monica in the swap block exchange, and this is the quilt top Monica finished for Jane. That exchange was lots of fun.
I had planned to sew my quilt backs on Friday, then Saturday I scheduled my kaleidoscope block sewing, and Sunday I was going to sew together my newly acquired friendship exchange blocks. Ha-Ha-Ha! So much for my organization! I finally had my quilt backs finished Saturday evening. Sunday I started working on my kaleidoscope blocks. I only finished four blocks, but that is four more than I had finished when I left home! Since I have not yet decided how many kaleidoscope blocks I want to make, I might actually be done. Who knows! I need to lay them out and really decide how big I want this quilt to be, and then I will know how many more blocks I will want to make.
There were many Jelly Roll Race quilts sewn. I will post pictures of those in my next post.
Happy Quilting
6 comments:
It sure sounds like you got a lot finished at the retreat Pam. If you had fun, that's all that counts.
I love retreats! I'm thinking we should have one every other month. :) blessings, marlene
What fun - and so much progress. Can't wait to see more photos.
Wow, those are all great quilts! Looks like you all had a great time. I was thinking of/missing all of you! One of these days, I'm gonna make it to another retreat, darn it!
Ugh! I hate making backs too.
Some fabulous quilts from the group.
I have seen those jelly roll quilts on other blogs. It is a great way to use them.
Looks like you had a great time.
I skimmed through it all, but happy you were able to attend a retreat - gosh, it's like being little girls again, isn't it?
my reading stopped at Kaleidoscope blocks - what kind are they - the HARD kind or the easy one, like I do?
Post a Comment