Yes, this is block number 12 in my Periwinkle Lane series, and it is finally finished! Hip-hip-hooray! Now I must decide how I want to set them.
We had a busy few days. It was my birthday the day before Thanksgiving, then Thanksgiving happened, and today I am trying to recooperate from all the fun and festivities. Actually, I am trying to recooperate from all the cleaning and cooking and cleaning! LOL! It's no fun having a birthday the day before Thanksgiving when you have a house to clean.
All our children made an appearance on Thanksgiving. They were all here at one time for a couple of hours. Number 1 son and girlfriend came early, daughter and friend came a little late, and Number 2 son and family came a little later. It was lots of fun, but I couldn't keep up with the dishes and play with the babies too! Next Thanksgiving we will have two little ones running around! Next year I think I will purchase a precooked meal and just heat it up so I can play, too!
Last Saturday was my Quilting 101 workshop. I received another bag of scraps given to me by thee different quilters so I am sorting through them and cutting them up into usable shapes. I have scraps strewn around my sewing table. Recently I made myself a pledge that when I received scraps I would get them sorted and cut ASAP so that I don't have a collection of scrap bags under my table again. So far it is working pretty well. I have already used some of those scraps in quilt blocks I have made.
I find it so fun to use other quilter's fabrics in my quilting. I feel like I have a part of them in my quilts. I also like the idea that they use my fabrics in their quilts because then there is a part of me in their quilts. The Ying and Yang. I love it!
When I get my table uncovered again I want to cut up some squares and sew together the friendship blocks that I received in our friendship exchange at retreat. It is going to be a cheerful, colorful quilt.
Happy Quilting
7 comments:
Happy belated birthday!! You are right it isn't fun to have the birthday so close to a holiday. I'm glad you had the whole family together for a little while. It gets harder all the time to get them all together at once.
Happy birthday - your day with the family sounds great - though I do understand about wanting more time to play with the babies.
Happy Birthday! Pam---a bit late. Our son in laws birthday was Thanksgiving Day. We are gaving our Thanksgiving today! It's the only day everyone could be all together, so I'm having my morning coffee, and then it's off to the kitchen---Glad to hear you and your family had a good time together. I love your Periwinkle quilt block! My sister made me a color crayon stitchery wallhanging. They sure are pretty! Hope you post more pictures once you get it all assembled. Have a good weekend!
Happy Birthday! oh sounds like you had the perfect Thanksgiving though nice that you were able to see all your children. Its hard when they get older.
Fun block , looking forward to seeing the blocks all together.
Kathie
Even though you had to clean house (and isn't that what all mother's do on their birthdays!) I hope it was a good day. blessings, marlene
Happy belated birthday! No, that doesn't sound like a fun way to spend your birthday. Maybe next year you should do Merry Maids and the pre-cooked meal? That would be a lovely birthday gift! (hint to your DH!)
Your Periwinkle Lane block is so cute! I'd love to see all the blocks!
Yep, scraps from others are like gold! They liven up the stash and give memories as well. What fun!
We had a huge wheelbarrow full of scraps at the quilt show. People could fill zip-locks with as much as would fit and make a donation to the Food Bank. We made $57 on those scraps! And I cleaned a whole bunch out of my studio. In Jan and Feb, we're using the leftovers to teach the guild how to make crumb blocks, which will be used in charity quilts. It's amazing how many blocks you can make with not too many scraps.
Happy Belated Birthday.
Love that block. It is so sweet.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment