Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sneeze, Blow, Cough

Yuk! I am sick, AGAIN! It seems lately that I cannot stay well. I was sick with a cold/flu during Christmas. I got over that, then here comes an abscess in my gum. Took antibiotics for that. Just recovered from that and boom, another cold/flu. Sneeze, cough, sneeze, cough, cough, blow, blow, blow (and I don't mean my clarinet)! Congested sinuses, sore throat, etc. etc. etc. I was just at the doctors last Monday for a follow up visit. The Monday before that I thought I was having an episode of some kind when I arrived at work. My heart was pounding (for no apparent reason), I became light headed (thought I was going to faint, and I am NOT the fainting kind), and nausea. Sneeze!
I called my husband to come to my work and pick me up and take me to emergency. They checked me out, admitted me to a room, and I was there for about four hours while they observed me. The ER doctor could not say what exactly had happened, or why, but they did eliminate a heart attack (which is what I thought it was going toward). After all my vitals settled down to somewhat normal, they sent me home with instructions to book a follow up appointment with my regular physician (which I finally did a week later). Now congestion again. I cannot seem to win lately. Oh well, life goes on.
While I was sitting in my chair trying to recuperate, I thought I should do something with my time, so I finished the binding on the quilt that I have pictured in this post. I am not sure if I posted a picture of this quilt yet, or not. But it is finally bound and ready for show and tell. I want to take it to my Tuesday night class and share it. It was a mystery quilt from a couple of years ago. I had it quilted last summer, and now I actually finished the binding. No label yet, though. I am not good at applying labels. I just never get around to that, unless it is a gift for someone, then it gets a label. Sneeze!
I am missing a guild quilt class today. I signed up for it, but I do not feel well enough to attend. I called the Vice President last night and begged off. I hate to do that. If I commit to a class, I try very hard to make it there. I truly enjoy taking classes. I always learn something from the teacher and other students. My husband cannot believe that I am actually missing a quilt class. I have missed a couple of my evening quilt classes since I have not been feeling well, also.
I have a three day weekend this weekend, and next, for Presidents' holidays. I am really glad that I do not need to go back to work on Monday. I hope I feel well enough to go back to work on Tuesday, and quilt class Tuesday evening. I missed work Thursday and Friday of this week. I am glad I stayed home since I was so miserable, but I hate having someone else at my desk when I am gone. I am so possessive of my space, it is terrible.
I had such great plans for this weekend, but I guess they will wait until next weekend. Poor hubby is sick now, too. He did make chicken noodle soup for me before he became sick. He makes the best chicken noodle soup.
Well, my eyes are so watery that the computer screen is blurry, so I guess I should sign off for now. I feel like a nap is in the near future. I really would like to get some sewing done today, but maybe tomorrow. Sneeze, cough, cough!
Happy (sneeze) Quilting
P.S. You can barely see the top of hubby's bald head above the quilt in the picture. I thought he was holding it up high enough, but evidently not. At least I did not include his bare feet as well. Sneeze, sneeze, cough, blow!

10 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a really pretty quilt. I'm so sorry you are sick again. I thought people in CA never got sick because they have perfect weather. There are just too many of the "kid" germs around you at work.

Roberta said...

Yup it's those dang kid germs! Feel better soon Pam! I really like the quilt. I think it's the color combination that does it for me. I got your retreat flyer. I'm glad you'll be able to come. I'll save a bed for you in the downstairs corner room!

Julie in the Barn said...

Oh my, Pam, I'm so sorry you are feeling cruddy. This has been a bad winter for odd illnesses. Hubby got sick early Dec with a broncial thing and it has taken almost 2 months to get over it!

That quilt is a beauty. My bookclub read was Monsters of Templeton. Very enjoyable. I just found out the author was recently in SF for book signings. If you would like to read it let me know. I'll give you my copy when we meet at AVQ in April.

Feel better soon. Can't have you missing any more quilt classes.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a gorgeous quilt - lovely quilting. I'm impressed with the colors. I've never had luck getting the rigth amount of contrast on mystery quilts - ended up selling two mysteries that I did with a friend - sold them on craigslist for the amount the fabrics cost me - and glad to be rid of them. Hope you feel better soon.

StitchinByTheLake said...

First of all I am so sorry you are sick again Pam. You need a good check up and lots of vitamins! The quilt is just gorgeous. I love those blues together - so soothing and calm like a Caribbean beach. blessings, marlene

Sharon said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well - again. That's no fun! I did that last winter. I agree with Wanda too - it's those darn kid germs! Good luck - I hope you feel better real soon! No more missing good quilt classes, etc.

Love your mystery quilt! I really like those colors. You got all the lights and darks in the right places for the pattern!

YankeeQuilter said...

Oh no...you sound terrible! Lots and lots of fluids and rest.

Elaine Adair said...

You may be feeling crummy, but that quilt is simply scrumptious!!! Wow, to be able to work on something so pretty is amazing, if you are not feeling up to par.

Keep resting - feel better real soon!!!!

Angie said...

Rest and feel better soon! Don't you live in a germ factory at school? Take some Airborne everyday if you can. I swear if I do this before I'm in a crowded enviornment or even in a doctors waiting room, or a plane, or around kids---or when I feel like I might be coming down with something---it works! I love your blue quilt! The colors and design are beautiful!

SueR said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, there's been alot of stuff going around this winter. I found your blog from Norma at Random Stitches--I like your quilts very much. The new one you just finished is very pretty.