Last evening I cut and sewed borders on my mystery quilt. When I went back to the store a few weeks ago to see what they had in the Maypole line, there were only two pieces left. I bought the green for a small inner border with the purple floral for the outer border. I am wondering if I should have used the green only as the border. It seems very busy to me with the purple floral, but after all, it is purple! How could I not use the purple? I wanted to use the Maypole fabrics for the entire quilt, but now I dunno.
Hubby is holding up the quilt again. It is hard to get a good picture because I could not get far enough away to get the whole quilt in the photo with the light we have today. It is raining, so I did not want to go outside and get wet. I am getting wet running in and out of the garage to get to the washer and dryer today. I try to rush in between downpours, but my timing is not too good sometimes. I want to get some clean clothes for the next week.
My co-worker called me today and she has the stomach flu. I told her to stay home tomorrow since I will be going in (I hope). I don't know if my principal will be back yet. She has been sick also. My intent was to get more things accomplished today, but with the rain and cold, I decided to stay in and stay warm and almost dry. I need to go to the store, but I guess we won't starve if I don't get there today.
Have a good week, stay warm and stay healthy.
Happy Quilting
5 comments:
I love the green and purple - I think you made exactly the right choices. It is beautiful. I love all of the colors and the quilt design. Awesome.
I like both fabrics for the borders.
I hope you are feeling well enough to go back. It sounds like it has gone all through the school.
I love your borders. I suggest you bind it in the orangy fabric or something like it. That would give it a nice edge and tie in the third color.
We have 3 feet of snow and it's still coming down. Hope you and Hubby are feeling well again.
So pretty and soft - I do love your quilt. Glad you are feeling better and hope you have a good day. Take care and don't overdo - you sure don't want a relaspe.
I like your quilt! I think the borders look good. I wouldn't change anything.
Glad to hear you're getting some "Washington mist(missed)". We're enjoying the sunshine right now, but more rain tomorrow. You need it more than we do!
Hope you have gotten to feeling better. Sounds like a nasty virus. Take good care of yourself!
Post a Comment