Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bushfire Blocks

It took me two days, but I did finally finished four blocks from Kim's star block tutorial. I am sending them, with a quilt top, to Tracey for quilts for victims of the bushfires in Australia. Kim had mentioned in her blog of making her star blocks and sending a bunch to Australia for a quilt. It would be great to have a whole quilt (or more) of these star blocks made by quilters in the USA. Tracey is asking for blocks for quilts to be sewn for the victims of the terrible bushfires in Australia. I am sure she would appreciate anything, fabric, batting, tops, blocks, etc. to help in this project. It is quite a task she has taken upon herself. I wish her luck. Check out Tracey's blog. Email her if you can help with some blocks or anything.
Yes, I am somewhat functioning again, finally. I actually went out of the house yesterday, but not today. It is raining more today, and I have no reason to be out in it today, maybe tomorrow. I want to get back to work on Tuesday if I can. I am still very congested, and so very tired. I stopped at a LQS yesterday to get a piece of fabric for the borders on my Valentine's quilt. One of the ladies there said her daughter and husband both had this virus. Her daughter had it for five weeks, and her husband had it for six weeks. Bummer! I could have this yucky stuff for two or three more weeks. Oh well, life goes on!
I do not believe I will go to quilt class Tuesday night, especially if it is raining. I do not think I am contagious now, but I know I will be tired from working all day.
The rain is such a blessing right now as our area really needs the water. We do not have our average rainfall yet, so this will help a lot. But of course, it also causes problems on the roads with landslides and uprooted trees, etc. The skiers love it since it is also snowing in the mountains north of here.
Hope you all have a warm and dry Presidents' Day tomorrow. I hope I will be able to see two more episodes of Perry Mason, and maybe a quilt show if I am lucky.
Happy Quilting

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What nice blocks - what a great project - I'll have to get some things together to send also.

I tried "Emergenc C" for a cold - wow did that stuff work. Wonder if it works for the "crud".

Teresa said...

I hope you feel much better today. We got some good rain last night too here in South Carolina. Your blocks looks great - just love the fabric and pattern you have picked out.