Here are some pictures of some quilts at the show we went to today. DH took me on an outing and I took several pictures. I asked if I could take pictures of these quilts and was told it was okay. There were many more beautiful quilts than you see here, but these were a few of the ones that called to me.
I really like the purple and green split nine patch quilt. It is the first one I have seen that used floral fabric instead of a solid color for the leading between the patches. It was very effective.
The small hanky quilt was done with purchased trims, not by hand, or from the sewing machine. She wanted something fast and easy, and it was great. I thought at first that everything was hand made, but not so.
The blue/purple with squares of the orangish color was so different. It was three dimensional. The orangish squares looked like a folded bow tie center, but it was sewn into the side seams to make it pop out between the blocks.
The purple french braided quilt was great. It was purples, what more do I need to say?
The New York Beauty style quilt was fantastic. All those tiny spikes. It was so eye catching. Everyone who walked by while I was in that area stopped and viewed this quilt and commented on how tiny the spikes were, and how hard they are to do, and how much patience the maker must have had to make so many of those blocks.
It was a very nice show. There were a lot of different quilt styles and designs. There was the main hall with quilts and vendors (lots of good vendors, also), and there was another room adjacent to the hall with more quilts. DH enjoyed the show, too. We went to Johnny Garlics after the show and had a super good meal. All in all, it was a great day. I wanted to get home and show you these photos and get to my sewing machine and sew, sew, sew.
I hope you had a good Sunday, too.
Happy Quilting
5 comments:
Sounds like your class was well worth it! I'm going to try some of the verigated stuff to machine quilt my chaos quilt. Thanks for posting the pictures from the show. They are all so different. Glad you had a great weekend. Is school out yet?
Looks like a great show of quilts. Thanks for sharing.
I really like that split 9 patch too. I think a print is so much more interesting than a solid.
The second quilt (blue/beige) with the dimensional triangles, has interesting and very effective and EASY quilting on it. Good idea.
Thanks for the quilt show! That New York Beauty is amazing! But my fave is the fractured 9-Patch. I like the print for the "leading". Very cool!
Post a Comment