Saturday, March 8, 2008

What a Sweetie!

Isn't this a beautiful purple quilt block? I received this in the mail, along with the cut pieces and bits of fabric in the second picture that are pieces ready to assemble to make more beautiful purple blocks. I was reading Wanda's blog one day, and she was trying to figure out what to do with a quilt she had finished. In my comedic way I commented that she could send it to me if she needed somewhere for it to live. Well, lo and behold, a package arrived shortly after that and in the package was this beautiful purple block, and the pieces Wanda had cut to make more blocks. She even sent some extra purple fabric to go with the other fabric pieces. Isn't she a sweetie? See, sometimes it pays to whine and fuss! This wasn't the quilt she originally posted. But, while she was cleaning out things, she came across this purple project she had started. It was at an unfinished stage. So, since I am a passionate purple quilter, she decided it could live with me. Isn't she a sweetie?
This last picture is a gift from my friend, Elmira. Isn't she a sweetie? She gave this purple angel to me one day, and it wasn't even my birthday! I have it pinned on my design wall. This little purple angel watches over me while I sew. I wish she would stop me when I am about to make a mistake. Maybe she does talk to me, but I am too busy sewing to listen!
If there are any other quilters who have any purple projects they would like to send my way, just let me know. I will accept them finished, almost finished, hoping to be finished, or even in the design stage!
I am sewing on a project for my adult quilt class today. It seems like an easy project, so I am hoping to get it put together by tomorrow. I will post a picture when it is completed. I wanted to get my New York Beauty wallhaning done this weekend, but I want to get this other project done first. I think it will be wild and wonderful. I am using the turquoise fabric pictured in a previous post as the background fabric and I want to get a picture of it in my blog for you all to see, and me too! I encountered a design problem with my NY Beauties blocks. The Asian fabric I was going to use just doesn't work. I think I will end up making four more blocks and make them the center medallion block after all.
Well, I am washing fabric, and the dryer buzzed me to let me know it is done. I also have some other wash to do, so I must get busy. I am still not feeling 100% great this weekend, so I am working at a snail's pace. Hope you have a great weekend.
Happy Quilting

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

How nice to get a new to you project. I bet it felt good to Wanda to send it along to someone else too.

Cute angel too!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, you had better believe it felt good to send that on to someone who would enjoy it. I am at a stage where I know what I want to finish and what I need out of my sight.

YankeeQuilter said...

Love the angel! Isn't it nice to get fun things in the mail!
Sio