Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Here It Is!
I took my top to quilt class tonight. I took this picture. One of the other ladies shared her quilt, and it was black and white, with a red inner border, and a black outer border. Very dramatic. There were some other quilts shown tonight that were great. This is one of the best benefits of taking classes for me. I like to see what other quilters have done with the same pattern, but using different fabrics, or changing something just a little. If you look carefully, you can see the two different units. I love this turqoise fabric. This is the first sharing I have taken to class in a while. It felt good to have something to share. Now I must get my feathered star done, and my Carolina Crossroads that have been patiently sitting on my sewing table waiting for attention.
A cute basket pillow project was presented tonight, appropriate for spring or summer (depending what fabrics are used) for this week and next week. In a couple of weeks we will have another quilt project to present. It is hard for me to keep up with the class projects. I like them all, but must pick and choose what I will do as I do not have the time to do them all, even though I would like to sew them all.
Below is a picture of a book I purchased at the last quilt show we attended. This book was written by Terri Thayer. She and I worked at the same quilt store for a while. I did some applique classes during the summer. I also did an applique block of the month a few times. I wanted to do more classes, but just could not keep up with samples and the time to devote to it. Maybe when I retire! Terri was working on her book while she worked at the store. She would tell us about it sometimes, and I always wondered if she would really finish it. She really did! From reading the inside cover, it appears that she has another sequel in the works coming out soon. I just started reading it. So far, it has captured my attention, and I want to find out what happens next!
I don't read as much as I have in the past. My eyes do not want to stay open long enough to get very far along in the book! I read more in the summer time when I have time to read in the daylight. When I get interested in a book, I will read it from cover to cover, nonstop. My eyes do not support that behavior now. They want resting between chapters.
My eyes are requiring some rest, so I am headed to dreamland. Have a great week.
Happy Quilting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pam, your quilt is awesome! I couldn't imagine what that turquoise fabric would look like in a quilt, and it's great! And what a neat pattern. Good job!
Hey Pam, it looks fabulous! the turquoise was my favourite of the three colours you have in that print. what's the pattern called for this quilt? and you may have noticed some purple letters on my "to be" project -- inspired by you.
Post a Comment