Sunday, March 30, 2008

What a Great Retreat!

The retreat was super! It was four days of sewing, laughing, eating, and sewing some more. There were quilters from out of state, out of the area, and local gals. My friend, Monica, and I went on Thursday, and returned home today. It was so nice. Someone else makes the food, and washes the dishes. There are clean beds, and we don't have to make them when we get up. All we do is sew, sew, sew, and of course take field trips to local quilt stores. I will try to get pictures in, but I am not sure how many I can post. I finished my Carolina Crossroads. Well, almost finished it. It is without borders, but that will be easy to do. I also finished my NYB top, and made a back for my Halloween top that I passed on to a longarm quilter who was there. I took a community quilt top that I am working on and a book to read, but I never got around to either one.
Monica was whirlwind sewing, as well as some of the other ladies. She sewed up her nine patch exchange blocks into a top (mine are in a project bag under my sewing table). She put together her Baltimore Album blocks (mine are still in a box, waiting for finishing), she and BB made a purse (just a slight unintended variation of the pattern), she put together an applique strippy top that she has been working on ever since I first met her, and she worked on her snowflake blocks. They are different sizes, and she put them up on a portable design board that another quilter brought. I know she did other things, but those are the ones I remember most.

No comments: