Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Orange fizzy

Today was my last class on the longarm quilting machine at Sisters 'n' Stitches. The owner, Denise, is so sweet. She has a HQ 16 that she rents out to quilters after they have taken her longarm class. Today I took my crumb (Mile A Minute) top to quilt. I wanted to see the quilt as I was working on it, so I did a free motion swirly design. Since taking these classes and working on this hunk of a machine, I have much more respect for the work longarm quilters can do. I need to learn some new styles of overall quilting, as that is what I like to do. I would like to have some beautiful feathered wreaths and other such great designs, but I will probably not get that good. I really enjoy the free motion work. The pantograph designs are great, and I like them a lot, but you need to work at the back of the quilt to follow a pattern sheet with the HQ 16. I found it difficult to not stop quilting, and walk around the frame to see the quilting. So, I decided that in front of the quilt is where I like to quilt. I need to see what I am doing! While I was at the shop, I met a quilter who had been in our quilt guild. to work. She was buying this orange/pink swirly fabric, along with a great pink fabric, and an orange fabric, that will blend with the swirly one. I already have some of that fabric. When I saw it, I could not resist buying it. I considered this a *challenge* fabric until today. My friend is making her niece a quilt, using the three fabrics, the swirly, the orange and the pink. She said her niece has her bedroom painted bright orange, like in the swirly, and these three fabrics would go great in her room. So, someone else has met the *challenge* with the swirly already. This swirly design reminds me of a orange fizzy. With Bonnie's new Orange Crush mystery quilt coming up, and this orange fizzy fabric, I feel the need for some orange drink, maybe an Orange Crush, or as another mystery fan said, a Grape Crush! I also bought two more yards of the orange psychedelic fabric. Since I have used the turquoise/purple one, I decided the orange psychedelic fabric is the next on my list. I want to meet the *challenge* again! The last one was so much fun, I am hoping the next one will be as much fun, or more. I am off to a retreat tomorrow, so I will be gone for four days. I am so glad that we have Monday, March 31 (my wedding anniversary) off from work as a holiday. That will give me a day to rest after the fun retreat weekend! Happy Quilting P.S. It looks like I have lost my paragraph spacing again! I wish I knew what I did to lose them, and what I can do to get them back!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh, what a yummy fabric! It reminds me of a creamsicle, kind of. I can't wait to see what you do with this one!