Today I had my hair cut. My daughter works at the same salon where I have my hair cut. She is a massage therapist, and also does skin care. Isn't she a beauty? Yes, she really is mine! We looked more alike when I was younger and thinner! She is such a delight! We are the same astrological sign, so watch out world! Here we come! There are purple walls at the salon, so I took my camera today and had some pictures taken.
No sewing done this week. I will do some this evening. I want to see if I can get my New York Beauty put together. I have 12 blocks done, so I have decided to stop there. I want to get something finished this month. Oh dear, it is already next month. Oh well, I will need to get two things finished this month.
DH and I went out and about today. We had a breakfast burrito at our favorite taqueria, a stop at the post office to mail Bonnie's quishy, then on to the salon. After that we made a run on two local quilt shops, Bolts End and One Quilt At A Time. There is a shop hop organized next week for this area. There are 20 shops in it this time. I will not get to many since the hop starts Wednesday, and I work all week. Bummer! I have never gone to all the shops in a shop hop, ever. When I told DH about it, he said we could make them all next weekend if I really wanted to do it.
Each shop has a pattern for a different quilt block. If you go to all the shops in the hop, you can get patterns for all the blocks. Then, when you get home (with all your fabric), you can make the quilt. It is a sampler style quilt this time. I have seen a finished top already. The colors are black and white for the blocks. Of course, you can add any other colors you wish, or make your top out of any colors you want. Kits for the blocks are available at each shop, so you can spend some money and buy the block kits, or just get the pattern and make your own blocks. There are also drawings for free stuff, and freebies at each shop. I think a shop hop would be lots of fun, especially if you attend with quilt friends.
Our adult class quilt teacher arranged a one shop hop at One Quilt At A Time for our quilt class once, and it was lots of fun. At that time the shop was in a very small space. There were more than 30 of us. Some of us waited outside while the others were inside shopping. Of course, there was a table full of bolts of fabric outside, as well. Those of us waiting outside could spend our money, too. The shop has moved to a bigger location, so we could all fit in there now. I want to remember to ask our quilt teacher if we can do that again. We had one scheduled a while back, but one of the owners had an accident out of state (at a quilt market up north) where she broke her leg/foot/ankle. So she was out of commission for quite a while.
It is getting darker and I am getting hungry, so that means dinner is near. I need to get busy if I am going to get any sewing done today. I hope DH will make dinner, but if not, I REALLY need to get busy if I want to get any sewing done today!
Happy Quilting
4 comments:
I really like those fabrics in the post below, but how do you plan to use them, especially the orange and red one? I might be scared to cut them up. Thanks for your comments on my word quilt -- many of the prints have sayings about quilting or Christmas or life, but when I cut them up, its mostly letters, which is the effect I'm looking for.
Pam! Your daughter is gorgeous!!! I can't believe I've never seen her as long as I've known you. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the end of the month! Happy sewing :)
Hi Mom! Guess Who? well I look just like a miny version of you??? Ring a Bell... it's Me! Leslee aka ~Snophia~
I love your blog, (it would be the equivalent of my myspace, they are fun huh?)
Well now that i have learned this other side of you i will have to come visit you in your world...
so my Comment for the day to you is: Have a Great Day! Keep your sanity thru all the insanity, it's a Monday :-) love ya xoxo
p.s. Love the Pix of us1
Pam, your daughter is stunning! You never told me!
Hope you're having a good week.
Post a Comment