Saturday, November 28, 2015
A fleece blanket and a Thomas the Train quilt
The grandbabies were here for a visit today. I presented them with their new blanket/quilt. For the little guy I had made him a reversible Thomas the Train quilt. I had purchased the fabric over a year ago. I should have made him the quilt ASAP since I think he has moved on to another hero already! Oh well. The granddaughter's fleece blanket was a hit. Even our DIL liked it. She said she would use it. I had wanted to give these items to the babies on the little guy's birthday that was a couple months ago but did not have the granddaughter's fleece blanket finished. DIL said I should have waited for Christmas but I know how much stuff they receive at Christmas and I wanted them to be able to use them now. Since the weather is getting colder I wanted them to have their items to use to keep themselves warm.
We had a fun day which was culminated with a bubble tea party outdoors. We had bubbles everywhere. The little guy only spilled one bottle of bubbles today. Fortunately I had a spare bottle so we played with bubbles until it became too cold for grandma to stay outside. Mom and Dad had come back to pick them up by then so it all worked out okay. I am absolutely exhausted, but it was a great day. It is always so fun to see our son and his family. Since they moved an hour away, we do not babysit the little ones and do not see the family as often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think that was a great idea to give the blankets to them early - they can enjoy them during the holidays The bubble party sounds fabulous - we got one of those bubble machines when our youngest grandson was here in September - it spews forth zillions of bubbles and he had so much fun with it.
Post a Comment