Saturday, December 19, 2015
Snowmen Quilt
If I remember correctly, this is a BOM from Bunny Hill. Years ago I received a monthly packet which included fabric and the pattern. I placed all the packets into a large bag to work on at a later date. This date never happened so I finally donated this kit to our quilt guild's Camp Stitches event. A friend purchased the pattern and immediately started working on it. She gave me monthly updates on her progress on this quilt. She deemed it would be a family Christmas quilt to be passed down through the family. All the snowmen are named after family members. She changed a few things on a couple of blocks to make it more personal for her family.
It has been wonderful to watch the progress on this quilt. My friend was so excited to share with me the different things she had done on the quilt. She made the backgrounds and then she started hand appliquéing the blocks. A couple of meetings ago she shared her almost finished top. She will hand quilt this family quilt.
I almost felt that I was making this quilt along with my friend. My heart is filled with joy knowing that this darling quilt has found a loving home where it will be cherished by the entire family.
Happy Quilting and Merry Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
A good snowman quilt. I like the block with the truck and snowmen in the back. I pulled out a Bunny Hill snowman set of blocks a few days ago. They are made from a free set of patterns from a few years ago. I thought I still needed to make a couple blocks but find all are done. I just need to stitch the setting blocks and have been doing that. So good that your friend is keeping you abreast of how she is doing on making the quilt.
What a lovely quilt - and a lovely you to donate the kits. I love Bunny Hill patterns. A friend and I made an autumn quilt from Bunny Hill. We just bought the pattern and then each month on of us picked a patch to work on and we both made the block - using our own fabric choices and sometimes adding in extra details - then when we had the blocks done we each set the design together in our own way. Both quilts are wonderful and so different. It was a fun project.
I love the snowman quilt - your friend has done an excellent job and I'm sure the family will enjoy it for many years to come.
How nice of you to donate the kit---and it's also good to know your friend enjoyed having it and working on the quilt. She did a beautiful job of completing it.
Post a Comment