Sunday, November 15, 2015
Gifted Fabric Strips Quilt
This quilt came about as a result of a mystery gift. My previous co-worker gave me a package one day when we were having lunch. She said someone had given her this package of fabric strips to give to me but she could not remember who it was who gave her the package. The package contained 20 2.5 inch fabric strips. Black, grey and pink plus purple were the colors in the strips.
I decided to make a jelly roll type quilt with squares of purple fabric between each strip. These were not my favorite colors, but I pushed forward with the project. After I added the borders I liked it better. I had it quilted and I bound it so it is finished. Now what do I do with it? I wanted to return it to the person who gave my friend the strips, but she still cannot remember who the mystery person is. So I guess it will go to our guild for a charity quilt. Our guild's Community Quilts group is gifting a bunch of quilts to different charities at our December meeting. We gift charity quilts twice a year, once in the summer and then again in December.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Happy Quilting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Someone is going to be very happy with this quilt - it is so peaceful and lovely. I admire how many quilts you make to give away. Not everyone gives such pretty quilts.
It's a soft looking quilt and I know it will find its way to just the right person
The purple pulls everything together that was in the bag of strips.
A very pretty quilt to donate.
Wow, a pretty quilt! You've made a winner here. And how generous of you to donate it to the Community Quilts committee to give away! Someone will just love this quilt!
I sure missed being at the retreat this fall. But DH and I had a fun time at his art show and had a great day as far as profits go too. I'm really hoping I can come in the spring - I miss everyone in the group!
Post a Comment