Sunday, November 9, 2008

Where have I been?

Where have I been? Here, there and everywhere. First of all, I went to a quilt retreat the weekend before Halloween. I have been so busy, I have not had time to post about it. But when I did take time to sit down at the computer, my mouse died. I bought another one yesterday (that I don't like - too small for my hand). So I am trying to catch up on my 45 emails and get a post done today. This is a little behind the times, but in this post you will see pictures of some of the projects that were done at our retreat. There were twelve of us, and we had a great time.
I finished the second and third Hungry Caterpillar quilt tops. I now have the first one quilted and the binding is nearly finished. The baby shower for #1 and #2 is this Wednesday. Nothing like a tight deadline to get things done! I also made some more One Block Wonder blocks. I cut and sewed another strip of the fabric. I think I have three more strips to go!
In the very first picture, the quilter wanted to make a quilt featuring the photo. She added borders until it became the size she wanted. There were many tote bags made like the one in the second picture. The orange/green/black quilt top was sewn by a legally blind quilter. She did a great job. The purple quilt top was done like a leader/ender project. I wanted this quilt. My friend finished the back on Sunday and handed this project over to another quilter who will do the machine quilting. This quilt is out of my reach, for the moment! The last photo is the beginning of someone's Christmas gift.

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Whew - LOVE that bright green/orange bargello! Very striking. You may have been quiet, but you were working a LOT!

Sharon said...

Thanks for "sharing" retreat with me! I really missed being there! And that purple quilt - ooo, some serious envy going on here! It's gorgeous.

Quilts by Lisa said...

I really like the purple quilt. It gives me a great idea for my next purple project. Very nice. I'm also in search of that license plate holder. LOL!