Today is my birthday, along with many other folks I know. This picture is of a quilt my Secret Pal made and gave to me back in 2001. I hang it up every birthday and enjoy it all over again.
Today we went over to some friends' house for an early Thanksgiving dinner. Good food and good friends were aplenty. Our daughter dropped by today to wish me a happy birthday. The married son and wife took us out to lunch and a movie yesterday. In fact, we went to the new mega movie theater downtown. Our city denied permits for the three movie theaters we had in town, and then built a new theater downtown. It is a nice theater, but I liked our old theaters.
Not much sewing being done lately since I have been sick. I am feeling better every day, but I cannot seem to get rid of this lingering cough. I went to the doctor and now it seems I have asthma. I have another new medicine to take, whoopie! The older I get, the more medicine I take!
I am finishing up my gift exchange for Chookyblue's SSCS and will have that in the mail next week. I finished sewing down the binding on Hungry Caterpillar #2. Next week I will start making my staff ornaments. I did go to my Friday night tote bag class last Friday. I did not have my embroidered pocket done, but I did go to class anyway. The tote bag class is always fun. Next month we are making a simple bag, in small, medium and large sizes which will be great for gift giving.
I must get busy. I have lots to get done before I go to bed tonight. Have a great week.
Happy Thanksgiving
13 comments:
Hi Pam, I'm so sorry you've been sick. I know you must be miserable but I'm glad you had such a great birthday. I'm wishing you great birthday blessings from Arkansas! blessings, marlene
Happy Birthday Pam! I hope you feel better soon.
How did the 23rd get here so quickly! I hope you had a great birthday Pam! I've been a bit preoccupied lately and I didn't get a card in the mail. I do appologize!
I have moved my mom (with Alzheimer's) into our home after finding her on the floor in her apartment Tuesday. She had fallen and couldn't get up. She's okay physically but was very confused. She's adjusting to her new surroundings.
We'll have to go to lunch maybe during the winter break to have a belated birthday celebration.
Take care!
Happy Birthday Pam!!!!
I heard a remedy for a cough. Put Vick's Vaporub on the soles of your feet at night and then put on socks and you will sleep like a baby. They say the soles of your feet will absorb oily substances.
Hi Pam!
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Pam,
Happy birthday to you!!!
Hippip Hooray, Hippip hooray!!!
Kathryn. XX
Happy Birthday! I was just reading another blog, Lady of the Cloth, who had her birthday today. It was also my grand daughter's birthday, she turned eight. Thanksgiving was on the 23rd in 2000.
Hope you are feeling better soon, sounds like you have a lot to do for the holidays. I know what you mean by the older you get, the more pills you get to take. I have my daily pill box......and I hate taking pills.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Happy Birthday.........let me know when you can post your SSCS........
I'm sending you a big cyberhug on your birthday. There seems to be a lot of us November birthday gals in our quilt blogging world. Have a super happy one and have fun making those ornament gifts. I'll be thinking of you as I'm sewing away on my gift list, too.
Happy birthday to you!! I enjoyed all the pictures you have been posting in your last several blogs and thank you so much for sharing. Lots of inspiration and beauty in your photos.
Happy Happy Happy birthday - no fun to be sick on your birthday. Cute quilt!!!
Happy Birthday, Pam! Sorry I'm late - I didn't know! Yes, it seems there are lots of November babies in the quilt world. (Me too)
And sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I can relate to that as I was sick all last winter. I hope you feel better soon. Oh, and yeah, that asthma is not fun. I too have too many dang pills to take. Yuck.
Good luck with all your holiday projects!
And, have a happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Pam
Happy Birthday to YOU!
Good thing you can't hear my real voice cause I can't carry a tune for nothing. But wishing you the best for your Birthday and I hope you feel better soon. We share the same Birthday Month Yeah!
Hugs Lynn
Happy Birthday Pam! Sorry you are sick with whatever is going around. Feel better soon.
Post a Comment