Saturday, May 24, 2008

Where does the time go?

This picture is of the pinwheels for a mystery quilt I am making. I am behind in my sewing, but the pinwheels are almost done. Such little things, they are, only 3.5 inches. 144 HSTs, yuk!

Last night I went to a UFO night at One Quilt at a Time. I was an hour late getting there since I almost forgot it was on that day. I pin basted the baby quilt I had posted previously. Maybe I can get it quilted this weekend, and the binding done. There are only three more weeks left of school, and I want this quilt done, and another one also if I can squeeze it in.

Where does all the time go? I think that I have enough time to do things, but then the time is gone. I am busy doing things, but everything does not get done. This happens at my job, as well as my sewing. I look at the calendar, I think I have the time planned well. This time period is gone and I look at the calendar again. I did not finish this project, or that project, and I cannot figure out where the time slips away. I know I overplan things hoping that I will get it all done. Usually I do not, but if I did not push myself, nothing would get done.

Working really interrupts my sewing time! I have all these wonderful quilts and projects that I want to do, but I never seem to have enough time to get them done. I require more time to rest now days. My eyes get tired quicker, so I do not focus well as long as I would like.

We are dogsitting for our son this weekend. He went on a mini vacation and left the dogs with us. I call them our grandpups. They are the closest thing to grandchildren we have right now, and they certainly require as much attention as a grandchild does! They traumatized the cat. She hid up on top of DH's closet, and has not come out since last night!

Well I need to get back to my pinwheels and baby quilts. Hope you have a fun, safe weekend.

Happy Quilting

3 comments:

Julie in the Barn said...

I know just what you mean, Pam. Time speeds up the older I get! I used to get so much more done when I was raising a family and working. Now that I'm retired & have an empty nest, I don't seem to acomplish half as much. I'm enjoying the rainy weekend since it's an excuse to ignore the yardwork & stay in the Playroom & sew. But I do feel sorry for all the holiday weekend campers huddled in their tents!

Sharon said...

Yep, I'm having the same time problem. And I don't work, so don't ask me where all the time goes. I wonder how I used to get so much done?
Yikes, those little pinwheels are little! They're very cute. But those are hard when they're that little! Good luck with them!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'll be anxious to see the pinwheels in a quilt - love your colors. I ditto the other comments. Time just seems to slip away and even though I'm retired there's still not enough time to get done what I want!