One of our neighbors has beautiful rose bushes blooming now. I snapped a couple of pictures this evening to share. I had to take a picture of the little purple plant. We have a big purple plant in front that is taking over our yard, but the blooms were closed when I went out front to get some pictures. I have been viewing many bloggers' posts seeing wonderful new spring growth. We really do not get much change of the seasons here in the Bay Area. The leaves fall from the trees in autumn, are reborn in spring, and flowers bloom in the springtime. Some bloom in the winter, too.
The roses are so pretty. I love to watch the buds start with one color, then when they open up they often change to another color. I really like the roses that have a different color on the edges when they have completely bloomed.
DH does not like rose plants, so we do not have any planted in the ground in our yard. He does have one little tea rose in a pot that he has been nursing for a couple of years. It is blooming now. I hope the blossoms last a while since it makes him so happy when he sees them opening up. I brought it home from work one day after all the blossoms had fallen off. DH loves to rescue plants.
About the ducks: when I turned the last corner near my school this morning, I saw a mallard duck and a his hen waddling across the street. At that moment I thought it was quite odd to see two ducks waddling across a paved street so far away from a body of water. I waited until they had crossed the street before I continued my turn and I drove on to the driveway of the school. I watched in my rear view mirror until I was in the driveway of school to see that they made it all the way across the street without being squashed on the pavement by a careless morning commuter on their way to work.
It was a very busy day at work, especially since my co-worker came in late because she had to take her husband to a doctor's appointment. I was so glad to see her when she came walking through the door. Anyway, the day progressed so fast, as usual, with me not getting enough work done in the time allowed. When I left to return home, I got in my car and left the driveway of school heading down the street from where I came in the morning. What did I see but the same pair of ducks standing in the middle of the street, again. They just stood there, not moving anywhere. I again stopped and waited for them to move along so I could pass and not run them over. I passed them by and wondered why they were still in the middle of the street. Had they made a nest at the corner house, and they were trying to get back there? Were they looking for food at that house? Was there a children's plastic wadding pool filled with water and they were stopping by for a swim? No dogs had encountered them and chased them away? No cats had stalked them and attempted to eat them? No fast moving car had tried to squash them in the street?
I wish I had a video camera with me and I could have recorded the pair and put the video on utube (You Tube, YouHoo Tube?) Maybe they were just hanging out in the neighborhood waiting for a photo opportunity, a real Kodak moment! There is a story lurking here, maybe a mystery to be solved.
But for now, I need to get my fabric out of the dryer, stroked and folded, and blended into the stash. No sewing done today, but I did visit my sewing room looking for a pattern. I need to go back in and get the baby quilt ready for basting. No rest for the wicked (and I must have been very wicked in my past life since I am making up for it now)!
Happy Quilting
No comments:
Post a Comment