It has been so busy this week at school. I seem to forget every year how busy it is the last few weeks. The phone did not stop ringing all day. This usually does not happen until the very last week. If it is this busy this week, and there are two more weeks left, how busy will it be on the very last week? I like to be busy, and I love my job, but something has got to give. I hope it is not my temper!
I received an email from one of my daughter's friends in Texas. She is pregnant for the third time. I made quilts for her two other children, and I certainly want to make a quilt for this new one. One quilt was finished at midnight last night, and another quilt is added to the list today. I am in a circle here, an unending line of baby quilts! But I love it! I truly enjoy making quilts for new babies. New life with a new quilt, what could be better?
Happy Quilting
5 comments:
Wow! The quilt is beautiful! It was good before, and it's even better now that it's quilted. Congrats on getting it finished before the baby gets here - barely, sounds like! Yikes, I can't believe you get to add another to the list so soon! But, yes, I think all new babies should start life with a quilt. (I've been doing my part. Sounds like it's your turn now.)
Good luck hanging in there at work for the next 2 weeks. Sounds like it may be a challenge. Just remember, when it gets tough, you'll be sewing/quilting soon!
Lucky baby and Mom, I agree that each new life should be celebrated with a new quilt. At 35, my daughter still has the quilt my mother and sister made her when she was born.
Hang in there, I always thought the ones in the office at school had the worse jobs, you get to deal with everyone from the parents to the teachers and the administration plus the district office. Get some rest this weekend if you can.
That's so pretty! That inspires me to use up odd little scraps for baby quilts because yours come out so nicely. What a good eye you have!
This turned our so very pretty. Mama and baby will LOVE it.
The baby quilt is lovely!
Kind regards,
Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
From the Netherlands
Post a Comment