Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Seam Allowances
My husband took me to our favorite Wednesday night diner tonight. They make the best chicken and rice soup. It is our Wednesday night haunt. We know all the staff, and we go there weekly. Their chicken and rice soup is my favorite. They make a good minestrone soup also. After soup, I went to the Hallmark store there in the center and spent some money. Then we went to the grocery store. So I have had my comfort food, bought some chocolate brownies, and purchased two new Beanie Bears. I think I can say I have had a good evening.
Last evening after my quilt class I went into my sewing room and sewed up two more blocks on the mystery quilt. I cannot understand why my seam allowances are not even. My nine patch blocks are a bit wonky, but my hour glass blocks are right on. I guess I need to pay more attention to my sewing instead of blindly sewing those long seams thinking they are even.
In my quilt class our next project is a feathered star wallhanging. I have done feathered stars before, and they were not too hard. But at that time, I was not having problems with my 1/4 inch seam allowances. I must conquer my 1/4 inch seam allowance problem before I start sewing the feathers on the feathered star. These squares are only 1-1/2 inches, so I absolutely must be accurate. Thank goodness there is only one feathered star in this wallhanging, but there is a 12 inch variable star style block in the center of the feathers with five SMALL variable stars, so there are lots of points to make sharp. If I can remember to take the camera, I will get a picture of the class sample and post it in my blog. (There is a lot of IF in that last sentence.)
Thanks for stopping by - Happy Quilting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Pam, I love this site and you have great postings. What a wonderful out let for your passion about quilting. This opens up a whole new world that I did not know existed. Looking forward to the pictures. Happy quilting and blogging. Monica
Post a Comment