Saturday, January 12, 2008

My First Post

Today is the first day of my blogging experience. What a hoot! I am a passionate purple quilter - passionate about purple, and passionate about quilting. I am currently working on a mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville website. I finished part five this morning about 1:00 a.m. and after this class on blogging, I am on to part 6, block assembly. I also have two baby quilts on the table (along with various other UFOs). It seems that I always want to make more quilts than I have time to finish, or maybe the energy to finish. I work a 40 hour a week job, so my quilting time is limited to evenings and weekends. Sometimes in the evenings I am too tired after working to sew, but I keep telling myself that if I just went into my sewing room and worked for even 15 minutes, I could accomplish wonders. Weekends are taken up with everyday chores that I do not get done during the week. I do try to take at least one day to sew, usually on Sundays. I am enrolled in a weekly quilt class at our local adult school. With the projects the teacher has for us to sew, and my own projects, I could be busy sewing 20 hours a day, which only leaves 4 hours for other stuff (like working, sleeping, etc.). So I have much more that I want to do than I have time to accomplish.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I totally hear you about working full time and trying to fit quilting in the time leftover! Look forward to reading about your stash busting efforts!

Jeanne said...

Welcome to Blogland! That work stuff can get in the way of a good sewing day. I look forward to getting to know you better.