Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pictures Finally

Here is a picture (maybe) of my Mile a Minute (crumbs) top that I am donating to community quilts. I apologize for the bad photo, but it is my first attempt. My husband took the picture for me. I will get better next time! I need to find a place where I can put up quilts to get a better shot .

I was given this pattern for Mile a Minute blocks. I started making blocks, and could not stop. I kept thinking, just one more block before I stop, just one more block. Before I knew it, I had made 60 or more blocks. Next time I make these blocks, I think I will make them bigger, or else the sashing smaller. I like Patti's layout of putting all the blocks together without sashing.

Lisa, this next picture is of my shadow quilt (where all the green triangles do not match). I took this top to my quilt class last Tuesday evening, and took the picture there. I like this pattern. Too bad it is not in purple!

I finally did it! I have pictures in my blog. You don't know how I have fretted and stressed over how I was going to accomplish this. I have been waiting for my computer tech son to stop by for a visit again, but he has not been around this week. Well, there is no stopping me now!!!

It is cold and rainy here today, and I am catching a cold. I want to get some sewing done, after I get my wash started. I made a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies this morning, and I feel like I need a nap. I have been trying to talk my husband into making some of his chicken noodle soup. His soup always makes me feel better. But he would need to go to the store for the chicken, and he does not want to go out in the rainy weather any more than I do. So I guess it will be canned soup for me tonight!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Happy Quilting

P.S. The photos are in the wrong order. When they posted, the crumbs quilt was second, so the shadow quilt is first. I do not know why that happened.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Hi Pam,
I found your blog! I went back to Elaine's since you mentioned her and clicked on your name and got here. You are doing a great job so far on your blog. We want more pictures now that you know how to do it!
Wanda

Elaine Adair said...

You're coming along! One step at a time. You can edit your blogging post, and then do a cut and paste to get the photos in the right order. (That was MY first revelation!)

Love that Shadow Project - have always wanted to do THAT too.

Keep up the good work. Now I'm going to add you to my bloglines if you are subescribed.

YankeeQuilter said...

Great photos! Congrats. I have a mile-a-minute/crumb project in a pile waiting to be made into something real!

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, pictures! I always load the pics first and then write around them. I LOVE your crumb chaos quilt and I think it looks lovely with the sashing and posts.