Here is a picture of my first Scrappy Bargello quilt. It is still a top. Since Bonnie Hunter (http://www.quiltville.com/) is having a Scrappy Bargello party on Superbowl Sunday, I thought I would pull it out and work on it. I may put a border on it, then I can baste it and quilt it. Are you going to join the party?
I enjoyed piecing this top together. It is made from strips. I had a few strips cut, so I pulled them all out and just started sewing. I wanted to sew them together randomly, whatever came out of the bin, but you will notice that I did fudge on the purple sections. I put some purple strips together and made a couple different sections. Then I needed to decide where to put them "randomly" into the mix! I love scrap quilts, and this one worked up really easily. I never would have put some of these fabrics together, but when it was all done, it works okay. I like it.

Below is my second Scrappy Bargello. You will notice it is purple! The person I made it for told me her favorite color was purple. This was not a problem for me. This person is owned by a rescued Siamese cat. I looked in my stash and I found that I had only two purple cat fabrics, so they went into this quilt, too.
I had so much fun making these quilts. I think I could make Scrappy Bargello quilts forever. I like the random placement of the fabrics, as well as the scrappy look. They are so quick to piece when you have precut strips.
I have been practicing Bonnie's method of cutting up bits and pieces of leftover fabric from projects and putting them into bins. I often cut strips off new fabrics when I bring them into my sewing room. Right now I have a stack of fabrics with dots that I cut from the pieces I was using to make some exchange blocks. I haven't put these blocks together yet, but they are on my "To Do" list!
Sunday Stash Report
No fabric (and/or related purchases) made this week. No new projects started. No old projects finished. I am still using stash fabric on my current feathered star wallhanging from quilt class (only a couple of yards). I am also still working on the Carolina Crossroads quilt. I have not felt very well this weekend, so I have not been doing much sewing.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Please leave a comment if you have time.
Happy Quilting
8 comments:
Both of these are really great. There is nothing prettier that a scrap/multifabric quilt.
I meant THAN not THAT.
For a new blogger, you're coming along very well! Love your bargello - I've made a few of them also, thanks to our friend, Bonnie.
Keep it up. Hope you're having a good week.
These turned out so great! I don't blame you for not wanting to make another one...but they do all just work out so simply. I think it is the perfect thing for super bowl sunday, even if you are just doing borders on yours, or quilting it or binding it..or even cutting up more scraps, we know we will be spending the time together virtually!
Bonnie
The scrappy bargello quilt looks great in purple! Good luck on adding some purple to your blog. :)
both of these quilts are marvelous - bargello sunday sounds like a great time to work on that top one. I really like that one in particular with all those different fabrics - really joyful.
They both look really good. I'm not playing on Sunday - I have too much to do to start one now but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking about making one for my son. He's wanted a bargello quilt since I started quilting 7 years ago and he's never going to get one of them...he might just get one like these.
Sorry the hear you aren't feeling well. Both the bargello quilts came out wonderful. The purple is great...but I like the scrappy one too! (I'm such a Gemini!)
Sio
Post a Comment