Monday, November 11, 2013
Layer Cake Quilt
Isn't this a darling quilt? The pattern is from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. I saw this on a video and decided it would be perfect for a layer cake package I had purchased. I am addicted to their videos. This pattern was called The Tea Bag Quilt on the video, but the sewist referred to it as the Tea Cup Quilt. I also found this pattern in the Fall issue of Quilting Quickly, a new magazine from the Missouri Star Quilt Company where this quilt was labeled One Lump or Two.
This quilt was made to be a sample for a class I taught at our guild's Camp Stitches event in September of this year. I think it is absolutely darling, so colorful and bright. I purchased this layer cake package a couple of years ago I think. I also bought a charm square package too. I cut the charm squares in half and used them for the border. These bright colors make me smile and feel so happy. Before the class, I sewed together this pattern in Halloween fabrics which is very cute, too.
Since this is Veteran's Day, I would like to honor all veterans, past and present, who have served, and are presently serving, in the military. If not for them, we would not have the freedom we have now in our United States. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now that's a cute, happy quilt! What fun fabric choices too! I'll have to look for that video. I love Missouri Star Co.'s videos. :)
Would love to see your Halloween version too!
Oh so cheery - it just lights up the whole room. The fabrics are so sweet.
Post a Comment