Saturday, October 12, 2013

Carolina Crossroads bound


Another UFO is bound.  Whoopee!  I started this quilt with Bonnie K. Hunter on her website, Quiltville,com, in December 2007  If I remember correctly, it was Bonnie's first mystery quilt.  It has been quilted for a couple of years.  Since I have been on this binding binge I have completed five bindings in the last few weeks.  Three of these quilts have been UFOs.  I have five more large UFO quilts to be bound.  Now if I could have all the tops that need quilted (then bound) completed, I would be almost caught up!  HA-HA!

When Bonnie started this mystery quilt, I was working.  I remember that I managed to keep up with her instructions as they were printed in her website.  This was my turquoise/purple period.  I am not completely out of that period, but I remember two or three quilts around 2007/2009 that have this same color scheme.  It remains one of my favorite color schemes.  I have a kaleidoscope UFO in this turquoise/purple color scheme.  When I finish all these quilted quilts that need bindings, I want to start on my UFOs that are in bins/boxes again.  The kaleidoscope quilt is one I want completed.  Every time I look at the bin with those blocks and strips yet to be sewn, it makes me want to pull it out and sew, sew, sew!

With this said, I hope that each of you is working on finishing those UFOs.  If you are one of the fortunate folks who do not have any UFOs, then start one!

Happy Quilting


5 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh my that is lovely. I've done one mystery quilt and that was enough for me - the instructions didn't explain well enough the variety needed in the different colors and it came out so bland. I didn't care for it - put it up for sale on craigslist and sold it for 75.00 and someone was very happy - plus me.

I just got two quilts back from the long arm quilter, but they are not quilted. They are two that I want to hand quilt but I can't bend over the table or crawl around on the floor any more because of my back surgery - so I had them machine basted. One is a queen size Dresden Plate and the other is log cabin (set so that it looks like watermelons, reds, greens and white). I am hoping to hand quilt them over the winter. Then I'll have something to bind.

Carrie P. said...

what a cool design.

Teresa said...

That's a great quilt. Congratulations on a very nice finish

Elaine Adair said...

Pam - why ever did this beauty land in your UFO pile - it truly is a STUNNER!!! My goodness, I LOVE it!!!

snowlady said...

love the quilt. Awsome colors.