Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Binding done on second quilt
The binding is done on my second quilt that I am getting ready for the quilt show. I showed this quilt before. It is one of the samples for the Jelly Roll Race 1600 that I did with my quilt guild. That was a fun day.
After the quilt show I will gift this quilt to my grandson, Lucas. Since he is only 8 months old, he may not realize the significance of this quilt. LOL! But eventually he will see the monkeys, and the other jungle animals along with a few cows, chickens and lambs. When I saw this jelly roll at the quilt shop, I was drawn to it because of the monkeys. After I assembled this quilt, I noticed the cows, chickens, lambs and other non-jungle animals. There is even a row of buttons in this quilt.
My fingers are really sore, so I am not binding for a few days. I need to sew by machine the next binding onto my bear paw quilt but I will wait a few more days before I start the hand sewing on the back.
Not much else is happening here. It is "baby day" today. We usually go to see our grandbabies on Wednesdays, and today is the day!
Happy Quilting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Love the fabric you used in this quilt - so bright and happy!
Another one bit the dust. :) blessings, marlene
I remember the jelly roll quilt race. they all looked neat and your is a great finish! YAY!
Such bright happy colors for your grandson's quilt! I hadn't heard about the jelly roll race until earlier this year, when someone showed me a video on YouTube. I believe we are doing that at our quilt chapter this coming membership year. It sure looks like fun.
I had to go back to your November post to see the others. I sure liked the one with the pink squares scattered throughout. Wonder if that slowed her down!
Love the bright happy colors. Enjoy those grand babies.
Great colors - I'm sure your grandson will have endless hours of fun in discovering all the pretties on the quilt.
I feel your pain - I just finished binding three bed size quilts and my fingers hurt too.
Post a Comment