Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lego Blocks

Tonya is making a quilt which she calls her Lego quilt. I have been watching her progress. I think it is a fun block/quilt. I decided to play along. I started with a couple of blocks since I had a few 1.5 inch strips on my sewing table left over from another project. I started sewing them together and cutting them into 10.5 inch blocks to assemble into a quilt (someday I thought). Well, let me tell you that they are addictive! I cannot stop making them. I am searching through my strip boxes and pulling out everything I can use. I have even cut down some 2.0 inch strips to make them into the 1.5 inch size so that I will have more variety to choose from for my blocks.
I mean it, seriously! I am addicted to these things. I should be working on my exchange blocks, or making backs for the huge pile of tops that I have ready for quilting, or working on a UFO, or organizing stuff. Instead, I am squeezing in (sometimes) minutes to make another block. It seems that I have been sewing forever on these things, and I only have 11 blocks made. I need to get a bin and throw everything into it. I will keep it close so I can pull out some strips when I have a couple of minutes to spare and feel the need to sew a Lego.
I am including a darling pix of our cutie patootie that I took last week. She is getting so big. I know she is still very little, but she has grown so much in these last 15 months. Little brother may be here this weekend. So we will have another smaller cutie patootie to take pictures of and hug and squeeze.
Happy Quilting

6 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Lego addition, huh Pam? They are very cute blocks.
And your little granddaughter has the prettiest eyes! Yes, huggable for sure!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh hugging babies is the best thing in the whole world. She is really growing and changing fast.

Barb said...

Oh, I am sure you can't wait for that new baby! Your granddaughter is adorable, beautiful eyes! Love the blocks! Enjoy--can't wait to see the new one!

Teresa said...

That is a fun looking quilt and why not acomplish two tasks and use it as a backing for a quilt - that way you have a reversible quilt!

Cute, adorable, precious - you name it and your grand daughter is it!

Elaine Adair said...

That one was pulling at ME, as well. About those bins, myh word, I have so many bins with various size strips, colors, bit andpieces, there is no room under my desk for my chubby knees! 8-))) Sometimes I think all these wonderful idea overwhelm me and I can't do ANYTHING!!! aRGHHHH - SO MANY CHOICES.

Beautiful granddaugher! Love those little toofers (teeth)!

Carrie P. said...

Great way to use those scraps.
She is a cutie. Her eyes are so pretty.