Purple Pam
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Camp Stitches
Last Friday evening and Saturday was our guild's Camp Stitches event. I had such a great time!!! Friday evening was the Mystery Class. Below are two pictures of the teachers' quilts. The first one is the quilt as it was taught. The second one is a variation of the first one. Aren't they both beautiful? The teachers had us make only five blocks at first. I did complete my five before I went home. I want to make a few more and then sew my quilt top together.
Saturday afternoon was our Jelly Roll Race 1600. The next three pictures are of the tops that were completed in our race. I had such a great time running the race. I am so excited that so many racers finished. I told them I would not let them go home until they finished all five laps of the race!
Now that Camp Stitches is over, I can get back to some projects that I need to finish. The last two weeks have been really busy for me with various appointments and the regular things that I do, like baby duty with our precious cutie patootie. Her baby brother is due in a couple of weeks, so we will have two cutie patooties to play with soon. Wow!
Since this is September 11, I want to take a moment to honor the families and friends of the loved ones whose lives were lost 10 years ago today. I cannot adequately describe my feelings, not then and not now. When I put up the flag outside this morning, I said a prayer for them. God bless America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like you all had a good time Pam! And lots of beautiful quilt to show for your hard work.
I love those quilts! I can't wait to see yours finished! That jelly roll race sounds like such fun! I echo your sentiment!
Oh, those first two quilts are so neat and look so different even though they are the same pattern.
Now that is the kind of race I like to be in. Love all the variations.
Post a Comment