Here is my Monday report of what I accomplished last week. No great sewing report, but I did finish 5 blocks: 4 crumb blocks and one Mary Engelbreit BOM. I have three more ME BOM blocks to go and I will have all of the blocks done and I can put the top together. I also had baby duty for three days instead of two. I remembered to take my camera on Thursday so I have some new pictures. I am enclosing two darling pictures (I hope). I still don't have this new picture thing down pat yet. It is always an experience (a challenge really) to get pictures in my blog from this new setup.
Yesterday DH and I went to Modesto to a quilt show. There were some very nice quilts exhibited, and some great vendors, too. We encountered a lot of fog along the way. The fog is worse today. All the bridges are so fogged in that the news traffic cameras cannot get any good photos of the traffic. I am glad I was not commuting across any bridge this morning.
I received a bag of scraps from one of the ladies on Saturday when I was at Quilting 101. I opened the bag after I arrived home and I have been playing with that fabric ever since. I sewed up 4 crumb blocks and have lots of strips left over. I haven't gotten the triangles out of the bag yet. I just pulled out some of the strips and big fabric pieces. I love playing with scraps. I woke up this morning thinking about what I could make with some of those scraps.
The crumb blocks I am making will go into a quilt for the Community Quilts program for my quilt guild. My goal is to make and donate at least one quilt a year. I have made that goal for a few years, but with all the fabric I have at my disposal, I should be making more.
Last week I was very busy, but this week looks quieter. I hope I can get more sewing accomplished this week than last week.
Happy Quilting
5 comments:
Very cute photos of your granddaughter with her froggy outfit Pam!
Sweet pictures of your grand daughter.
I will look forward to seeing your scrap project. It is nice when people are able to donate quilts to various charities.
I think I would like to do that someday.
Have a great week playing with the scraps.
Warmest regards,
Anna
Pam that baby is growing like a weed! And that dark hair...love it. :) blessings, marlene
Great baby pictures - what a cutie! She looks like she has lots of personality - like her grandma! LOL
Score! on the scraps. I think it's so fun to get new scraps. And making a charity quilt is a great idea. I need to make one too.
I hope you're getting enough sewing in this week to make you happy - I know I get cranky if I don't get enough. *grin*
What a cutie pie.
Post a Comment