Sunday, January 17, 2010

Exchange Blocks Again

Here is a picture of some of the exchange blocks I am working on this weekend. I have seven completed blocks with five more to go, and then 48 pinwheel blocks. The fabric in these blocks is from a line designed by one of the women in my quilt group. She and a friend co-designed this line. It is Pizazz by Wilmington. I am using all fabrics from their line in my blocks. This will be an interesting quilt. Some of my blocks are very busy, but I am liking them more and more. I am totally in love with these fabrics. It is fun making different combinations of the fabrics. Some of my blocks are a bit wild and wooly, I think.
Another friend from our quilt group (who married, moved to Nevada, had two darling children, and opened a quilt store) carrys all the Pizazz line, so I ordered my fabric from her. I will look up her web address and post it so that you can see all the super duper fabrics in this line, and also all the other lines that Beth has at her shop.
I finished the binding on my Candy Kisses quilt last week. It is a darling red, pink, and white quilt totally appropriate for Valentine's Day. I forgot to get a picture of it before I took it to the quilt store! Bummer! It really is a cute quilt.
When I finish my exchange blocks, I want to get back to my friend's quilt that I stopped working on when I started the Christmas mystery quilt. I also am behind one and a half blocks of my Aunt Millie's Garden blocks. I want to get going on the new Bunny Hill BOM, Snowbound, too. I purchased some fabric last week for the backgrounds when I was at the quilt store delivering my quilt. I need to get busy on some baby quilts, too. And, last week I also started working on the Winter Wonderland quilt with a friend. Actually, I am not sewing on that quilt yet. We are just getting our embroidery patterns on our fabric. Wow, if I can get all these quilts and BOMs done, maybe I can join the Super Duper Quilters Club (SDQC), if there is such a club!
Well, right now it is late and I should be heading for bed. I hope you all have a great week. The weather forecasters are predicting rain all week for us. Good weather for staying inside and sewing, right?
Happy Quilting

4 comments:

Crispy said...

ROFL, you always have a million projects going Pam. I'm behind in everything too LOL.

Crispy

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

OHHHHH I love those blocks - that yellow really pops. The fabrics are wonderful.

We are getting rain and wind today - probably sending it down your way soon - stay warm and dry. Today is a good day for putting the borders on the green Lone Star.

Carrie P. said...

Great fabrics for your blocks. Sometimes it is a little nerve racking to work outside our comfort zone. I look forward to seeing the quilt.

Teresa said...

I like those fabrics too, and your blocks look great. Just how big are those blocks - that center looks tiny!