Here is a picture of my latest finished applique block for the Aunt Millie's Garden quilt. I have three done now, nine to go! This block was much easier for me to sew than the last block. But when I finished it, I looked at it and thought it needed more color. My first two blocks had more color. I like the orange color I used in this block, as well as the green, but when I added the lighter yellow with the inner circle, it livened up the block more for me.
I love the look of applique, and I enjoy the act of hand stitching. But my fingers are itching to sew on my machine, so I think I need to start working on a machine project. I want to finish one of the quilts I have "in progress" on my sewing table. I am going to pull one out and finish it. I have joined with Finn to complete some UFOs before the new year, and I think this is just the time for it for me. My sewing table overflows with projects! I have one quilt that needs the final border of HSTs and the top will be complete.
I am off to my knitting/crocheting class this afternoon, and I am hoping to finish the shawl I started last year. My knitting skills are very basic. That is the reason I enrolled in this class. I also have a knitted vest that I started last year. I was hoping to get it done so that I could wear it last winter, but did not make that deadline. I am determined to finish it now so that I can wear it this winter.
Happy Quilting and Knitting
12 comments:
I really like the orange on the blue background fabric of this block. You did an excellent job.
Pam your block is just gorgeous. I have 6 blocks done. I really need to dedicate more time to the blocks.
Love your block Pam and the yellow center really did punch it up. You make me laugh, you have so many projects going and knitting besides...good thing you retired LOL.
Crispy
Oh my - it's a lovely block!
Lovely Block Pam..
You do beautiful applique and I do like your touch of light to the center - great job.
Ohhh pretty.
You're on a roll with the applique Pam! I can do a basic knit stitch but there's just not enough time to do everything so I'm concentrating on sewing instead. blessings, marlene
I followed Carrie's suggestion to come over and see your purple block. Very well done.
I note that you like purple. I don't find much fabric in purples but evidently you do. A very good color!
Beautiful block!
A gorgeous block - and the center is perfect. Just a little kick of color.
Love the orange , I bought it in my last spending spree...
The block is great.
Post a Comment