Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year on Post 100

Happy New Year 2009! 2008 has disappeared. What happened to it? I am trying to reflect on what did happen in my life on 2008. I know I did a lot of sewing and actual quilting. I have pictures in my blog to prove it. By the way, this is my 100th post. Isn't that amazing? It is to me! I started blogging in January of last year. Besides being my 100th post, it is my one year anniversary (or pretty close). Thanks to all of the wonderful bloggers whose blogs I have read, and folks who have read and commented on my blog, and to all you wonderful people who read my blog without commenting. This has been such a great year in Blogland for me. I am still very much a novice when it comes to dealing with my blog, but I have found enough things to do that make it fun for me, and I hope for you as well. I have read many blogs that are much more visually stimulating than mine. I must admit that I am not a super computer/blogging literate, yet, but I am still working on it. I want to take this opportunity to thank all the sharing and caring bloggers who have given me tips and tricks on blogging. Thank you so much. You have made a difference to me. Your help has been priceless! I have made so many new friends through blogging. It is awesome! The friendship and caring that flows through Blogland is astounding to me. It is my earnest hope that this will continue for years to come. As long as I can remember how to turn on the computer and connect to Blogland, I will blog away! It is my heartfelt wish that all of you a have a happy and productive 2009.
Above is a picture of my "finished" tote bag from December's class. I love the colors. I want to find a great purple or turquoise button that maybe is a square shape to match the fabric design motif. But I wanted it finished, so I sewed on a great black button that I found in my grandmother's button box. This is my last project that I completed on December 31, 2008, at almost midnight. I felt that I needed to say good bye to 2008 with a finished project. If I had sewed faster, I could have finished the quilt top for the mystery class I am teaching for our quilt guild this month. OMG - it really is 2009 already! January is a busy quilty month for me. There are two classes I am teaching for our quilt guild, a block(s) exchange, our evening quilting class will begin next week (I think), I have three PIFs to finish and another exchange item also, a tote bag class, and a UFO class this month. Oh, and I return to work on Monday. No rest for the wicked I have heard! Whew, when is my next holiday?
In the meantime.....Happy Quilting in 2009

8 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I really enjoy your blog and feel happy when I see it on my list of blogs to read.

That is a darling purse - and congrats on 100 posts.

Julie in the Barn said...

Well, hip hip hooray! Good going, Pam. Congats for both achievments, your blogaversary and the cute tote. You need to keep your arms strapped to your sides and quit that hand in the air thing! You are going to be one busy girl. Makes my head spin just reading about it.

Brenda said...

great bag. and congrats on your 100th post. I'm having fun in blogland with people like you.

Norma said...

Congratulations on 100 posts!

That is a great bag and putting a button from the family button box makes it even nicer.

Hey, lady, do you plan on sleeping in 2009? Sounds like your "to do" list is pretty long.

I have enjoyed meeting you and your lovely blog! I see purple fabric and I think of you!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Congratulations on 100 posts! I am always happy to see what you are working on or what you have finished. Making bags is fun isn't it?

our shabby cottage said...

Happy New Year Pam to you and your family. The tote looks great. Have the girls arrived yet? Too bad you have to go back to work on Monday. Kathryn.

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great bag! I have a few half finished ones that I just unpacked...I may work on them just to sit at my sewing machine for a few hours! Belated congrats on your centennial post!

KateKwiltz said...

Happy 100! And keep it coming!