Saturday, December 27, 2008

What happened to Christmas?

What happened to Christmas? I was working on it for days, even weeks. I think it was here. I remember waking up and thinking it is finally Christmas today. But when was that? It seems so long ago. All those cookies I baked are gone. All those ornaments I stitched are gone. What happened? I think I have the post Christmas blues. I like the build up, but the afterwards is such a letdown. But, two bright spots on the horizon were the surprise packages I received in the mail. One was from Angie. It contained two wonderfully purple pot holders, and a darling purple pincushion. I saw some pincushions on her blog that she had made. I asked if she sold them, but she does not. I whined and pleaded and offered a swap for a pincushion. It came in the mail just before Christmas day (that is how come I can remember there really was a Christmas this year).
Yesterday I received a cute wonky star from Julie. I swapped her one of my ornaments for one of her wonky stars. Isn't it great? I can keep it up all year. I have met so many wonderful women through blogging. Thank you all for adding to the fun!
Since Christmas has come and gone, I feel safe in posting a picture of my SSCS that I sent to Jenny in Australia. I had so much fun making this quilt. Two other quilting buddies and I get together on Monday nights. This is one of the projects we did together.
Well, I finished all the dishes from my cookie frenzy. I cleaned out one of my dish cupboards. I have some dishes I am packing away to give to a charity. I am working on my exchange blocks for the exchange next month. DH put the new running boards on the Pilot. He said they were my Christmas present. I refuse to accept parts for a vehicle as a Christmas present, although I am very glad to have them (and installed so quickly). So, I guess I am getting ready for the new year. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Happy Quilting

9 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

Oh, i love the Santa quilt - i wish I had been your secret swap partner!!!

Jenny said...

I am such a lucky duck! Thank you so much for my beautiful Santa quilt-I love it! Thanks too for the cute Santa softie, cotton and pattern-You spoiled me and I appreciate your lovely effort!

Wendy said...

Your Santa quilt is terrific! Thanks for stopping by my blog, yes the triangles between the Gwen-inspired 16 patch blocks are purple, a fabric I found in my mother's stash. I'm playing with a dark purple border, and it looks good so far. Happy New Year! - Wendy

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What lovely things you received in the mail. Hope they lift your spirits as you approach new year.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your Santa wallhanging is so cute. I agree, car parts aren't a Christmas gift. I hope he got you something else too!

Chookyblue...... said...

what a wonderful Santa.........thanks for being part of the SSCS........

StitchinByTheLake said...

Pam this Santa quilt is absolutely wonderful! Did you do the quilting? And can you tell me the name of the pattern? I think I'm gonna have to make it. :) blessings, marlene

Sharon said...

I'm with you, Pam. With all that build-up, Christmas should last at least 2 or 3 days!! At least as long as the Christmas cookies - that I'm still eating. :(

I LOVE your Santa quilt! He's so cute. You did a fabulous job.

And NO, car parts are definitely NOT a Christmas present. I had to explain to DH that small appliances, unless specifically requested, are not appropriate Xmas presents either! What's wrong with these guys??

Marla said...

You know, I often feel that way after holidays. The build up is so long, the prep work so intense and then poof! It's gone. THink of it this way, you now have more time for quilting!