Monday, February 4, 2008

Sewing with Friends

Check out Roberta's blog. http://www.colorfulquiltingworld.blogspot.com/ She is a great quilter who lives in the same city as I do. I am so excited for her. She will blow you away with her quilts. And, unlike me, she really knows how to use her computer. She gets stuff done, too.
I saw the quilt she has displayed in her header in progress. It turned out great. When I whine and fuss a lot, she invites me over to sew with her and other friends. It is always so much fun. I never get as much done as the others do because I am always buzzing around looking at everyone else's projects instead of sewing on my own. I try to keep them all entertained in the process! Isn't it great to sew with friends? Even though I do not get as much done as the others, I have a great time socializing and getting caught up on everyone else's life and quilting projects.
There is a picture in this post somewhere (I hope) of a quilt that I started at Roberta's. It was a kit that I bought at Quilt Fans, a local quilt store. The kit had 25 (?) 10 in squares of Tonga batiks. The directions were to cut them up, move a top piece to the bottom, cut them again, move another top piece to the bottom (under the last piece), etc. It is similar to the nine patch quilt that everyone was doing a couple of years ago. The orange quilt that I made and sent to Barbara was made from the nine patch pattern. I wish I could remember the name of the design. Anyway, I started this quilt at Roberta's and finished it at home. I could have finished it at Roberta's, but I got caught up in looking at all her new quilts and everyone's projects, too. Roberta has such a beautiful home, and she is a great housekeeper (unlike me).

Well, the picture is here. My DH was sitting (as usual) holding my quilt. (I need to find another way to get my quilts up and the whole quilt in the picture.) I bought this kit because the sample quilt was so colorful, and I like working with batiks. I also thought that if I buy kits instead of fabric yardage, I won't buy as much fabric. Chances are, also, that I will get this quilt sewn together because there is a pattern included with the quilt that I like (the pattern and/or the fabric in the kit). It is another top that needs to be quilted.

When I look at this colorful quilt top, I think of Roberta and friends, and all the fun I had that day sewing with friends!

Happy Quilting

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Pam! This is my 1st comment - hope it comes thru OK. I'm with you on the "social butterfly" thing while sewing in a group setting. Isn't it fun? Love your quilt. And I'm excited to see that Roberta now has a blog! She is a very talented lady.

Roberta said...

Hi Pam! Your quilt looks great. Wish I had the time right now to schedule another sew in! I have so much fun sewing with my special friends! I'll probably have to wait for retreat though! Then maybe in mid April we can get together for another weekend sewing fest!

Sharon said...

Hi Pam! Just wanted to let you know that I've joined you and Roberta. Check out my new blog: http://indigothreads.blogspot.com/
I think this will be fun.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is Syncopated Rythym and I made the sample of it for the sewing machine store in town. It was a fun one to do.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, that's wonderfully colorful!