The bottom picture is of my four New York Beauty blocks that I completed for class this afternoon. I didn't even make it to my target of six blocks! I made half of another one in class today, but did not finish it. My sweet little Singer Featherweight machine was not working well for me today. It was working against me. I thought I should replace the needle since it was skipping stitches. Well, I put the needle in wrong and almost wrecked my bobbin case. I put that hummer in three times and finally got it right. I took a picture of the teacher's (Sue Wells) quilt, but it was too fuzzy to put in here. You can hardly see the spikes. So you only have my four blocks to view. Her quilt is really neat, too. She also brought her bed quilt. It is wonderful. She started with a center block, then added borders. Her last border is New York Beauty blocks.
But, I was so proud of myself today. I drove the green monster (my husband's Chevy Silverado pickup truck that he says is really mine since my name is on the registration and I worked and made all the payments). I had to drive about 15 miles to south Fremont where Sisters 'N Stitches is located. After my machine quilting class, I drove about 30 miles north to the quilt store, Quilt Fans, in Alameda for my afternoon class on New York Beauties.
After this posting I am heading into my sewing room and making some more New York Beauty blocks, maybe. Or possibly I will work on my feathered star class project, or make some house blocks for Bonnie. What I want to do is make some crumb blocks to send to her, also. I love to make crumb blocks. My Carolina Crossroads needs finishing, also. So many choices! And there is always my UFOs under the sewing table! No rest for the wicked!
Happy Quilting
4 comments:
I found your blog via a comment you left on Lazy Gal. I've added you to my blog list.
I too love purple.
The book is awesome, and what fun to be able to use that honker of a machine, but mostly I LOVE your last paragraph, where you mentioned 3-4 different things you were going to do right away! Just like all of us, gotta do them ALL!
I only see one block here, where are the other 3?
Or are all 4 alike so you only needed to show us one?
Post a Comment