Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Newborn Quilt
This is a picture of a newborn quilt that I completed a couple weeks ago. I donated it to our Newborn Quilt chairperson at our August guild meeting. I took four quilts to the meeting and donated all four to various groups. One was donated for the monthly raffle, which brought in almost $80 that evening. Two other quilts were donated to our Community Quilts group. At our quilt show last month about 80 quilts (I think) were given out to various charities, and among those quilts were a couple of quilts I had made. It makes me feel good to know that someone who needs a "quilty hug" will receive these quilts. That is what our guild is about, supporting our community.
Right now I am working on our next Opportunity Quilt. What a hoot! More on that later.
Our two little grandchildren started school yesterday. Their mother sent us a photo of them getting ready to enter their classrooms. Our granddaughter is going into first grade this year and our grandson is entering Transitional Kindergarten. Oh my goodness. Where has the time gone? Since they moved out of our area we do not see them as often. They were here for a visit a couple of weekends ago. They are both growing so fast. Before we realize it they will be starting high school, then college. I hope we are around to witness off of this.
Happy Quilting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I made many quilt tops for baby quilts over the years for a quilt guild I belonged to. Two members would finish the quilts and then they were donated to an organization that provided layettes to people in need.
Such a cute quilt - and you are so generous to donate so many quilts.
Our grandsons started Kindergarten, Middle School and High School this year - wow - I'm blown away by it all.
Post a Comment