Saturday, August 27, 2016

Many Trips Around The World


This is a picture of another of the quilts that I donated to our Community Quilts program last meeting.  It is a Bonnie Hunter design (Quiltville.com).  I have made this pattern once or twice already.  I keep a bin of 16 inch long and 2.5 inches wide strips.  When I have quite a few strips in the bin, I pull them out and make a few blocks.  Some of the blocks in this quilt were from our strip poker party last year.  I used these strips to make some blocks.  In the bin were more blocks I had made here and there, so I combined all the blocks together and made a big lap size quilt.

I will need to cut some more strips before I can start another quilt with this design. The size strips used in these blocks can also be used to make a Scrappy Bargello quilt.  Thank you Bonnie Hunter for being so generous and sharing your free patterns with us.

Happy Quilting

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

And thank you for sharing so many quilts with others. I love this one - I've done a couple Around the World quilts - but never one with so many trips. Lovely.