Monday, February 29, 2016
Flying Goose Log Cabin Quilt
This is a picture of part of my Flying Geese Log Cabin quilt from the Block Magazine published by Missouri Star Quilt Company. I think I will add borders, but I have not done this yet.
Since this is the last day of February (Leap Year day, the 29th) I decided I needed to make a post as I have not done so this month. I have been busy sewing and stitching embroidery, but I have not finished a quilt. I did add the binding on my Easter quilt, but I have the yoyos to stitch on before I consider the quilt complete. I do have the binding sewn on so it is almost ready to hang on the wall as soon as the yoyos are attached.
I am currently working on the Salem Witches Mystery Quilt from Crabapple Hill. It is taking me a lot of time and energy. I have completed the tracing and the coloring of this panel and now I am stitching the embroidery. Wow! When I took on this project I did not realize how much time it would take to stitch the embroidery, and there is a LOT of embroidery. I already have the pattern for the second panel, but since I have not finished the first panel yet, the second one sits in the bag waiting, and waiting, and probably waiting a lot longer. Our local quilt shop is having a monthly meeting for this project. One of our members has completed panel #1 and is currently working on panel #2. I need to speed up my process to keep up!
Good news though, I have finished the embroidery on my Witches Boot pattern also from Crabapple Hill. It now needs the patchwork done or, as a friend suggested, I could have it framed and hang it on the wall without any further sewing. What a great idea!
Happy Stitching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, I really like your Flying Goose Log Cabin! The fabrics and colors are wonderful! I understand about the The Witches of Salem embroidery….I accepted this would be a very long project as I've done another hand embroidery that took me several years to complete. What is different, and challenging about the Witches of Salem is the size of some of the elements of the embroidery, and of course all the thread color changes….we will get keep stitching though!!!
I love the colors in your flying geese log cabin quilt!
Have not seen this pattern before. Interesting pattern. Love the fabrics you are using
I am not familiar with the mystery quilt design you are working on. I do know that many of the Crabapple designs have tons of embroidery involved. Very time consuming.
I really like that quilt pattern - it is gorgeous. You've been so busy - as usual. I know you can catch up on that embroidery. I like Crabapple designs.
Post a Comment