Friday, May 17, 2013

Retreat April 2013



The last weekend in April was our group's spring retreat.  There was a good group in attendance.  One of our past members came down from Washington to attend retreat which made for lots of fun.

I finished a couple of quilt tops.  I took a third top to finish the borders but realized that I did not have enough fabric.  It was a BOM and the fabric in the kit was not enough to do the bargello style border.  I was so disappointed that I could not finish it at retreat.  

One of the quilt tops I did finish was Em's 4 patch quilt.  I made another row of blocks so that the design would complete the last diamond (square on point) design.  When my husband saw the finished top today, he said he really liked it.  I do to!

On Sunday our exchange group exchanged a set of blocks.  The theme for the blocks was fall/Thanksgiving.  It was again lots of fun to see what everyone else had done.

A couple of the ladies were making food/animal tops.  I could not believe some of the fabrics that was in their food quilts.  One of the ladies made a cat/dog quilt for her vet.  It was really cute.  Another quilter made a Dorothy in Oz quilt top.  Lots of sewing was done and lots of laughter happened.  Fun!  Fun!  Fun!



3 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Sounds like a lot of fun - that is an amazing quilt!!!!!

Elaine Adair said...

Well, this one is a stunner! Who says you are not getting things done - seems someone told me that in the last few days. I LOVE the brightness and cheerfulness of this lively quilt - it's a beauty!

em's scrapbag said...

Your four patch quilt is fabulous! Love all the colors and fabric.