Friday, July 6, 2012

Pretty Pincushion





Some friends and I purchased pincushion kits at a Sewing Expo last year.  I finally finished mine last week.  I so much enjoyed sewing the embroidery and adding the beads on this project.  It is a small project so I was able to complete it fairly quickly.  I like instant gratification.  This was not exactly instant, but it was completed in a fairly short amount of time.

9 comments:

Julie in the Barn said...

Very cute! I love small projects, too, because there is a better chance I'll actually finish. I have an embroidered sampler I started in 1976 that I'm still hoping to finish someday.

Angie said...

So cute! I love to do small crafty projects between quilting. It seems to refresh my creative juices. Your cupcake pincushion is really pretty!

Carrie P. said...

too cute. love the cherry on top!

SueR said...

Isn't that a cute little thing! Are you a pincushion collector?

Sharon said...

Very cute pincushion! And beautiful job on the embroidery too! Love the cherry on top - what fun!

Small projects ARE like instant gratification, and they're just fun to do in-between those big (never-ending) projects.

Hey, I still have a pincushion kit from 199something from Going to Pieces waiting for me to finish it. I have high hopes that it will actually get done one of these days. *grin*

Teresa said...

That is sooooo cute and I love the base. I think my mother had dishes similar to that at one time.

Elaine Adair said...

Pretty cute! How much stash did it take? LOLOL - just being a smart aleck! 8-))

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh that is so darling - I love pincushions - and cupcakes.

Unknown said...

so cool. hugs