Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Buzz Saw Quilt Top Is Finished

It is finally finished! I sewed the borders on just before midnight last night. Of course, I was so "buzzed" that I couldn't go to bed right away and I was up until after 2:00 a.m. before I was finally settled down enough to go to bed.
This quilt was bigger than I expected. I had the finished dimensions in the pattern, but the size of it is larger than I thought the dimensions indicated. I went outside to take the picture. The wind is blowing and hubby is trying to hold the quilt for the picture. I am sorry you cannot see all the quilt with all the blue floral borders. I wish I could hang it on the garage door or somewhere outside so you can see the colors better. It has been raining again today and everything outside is wet.
When I started this pattern I did not think it was going to be very difficult to sew. Really it wasn't. The problem was that there was so much of it! The pattern indicated 80 blocks which was about 60 more than I really wanted to do after I got started! But because it was for Debbi, I persevered.
I did take a break the other night and sewed up some little pinwheels from my little HST squares that I made from the cast off triangles from this quilt. I have a block made for the quilt I am making from my cast off pieces. When I get a few more blocks done, I will post a picture of them. It was difficult for me to stop making those pinwheels and go to bed that night. I wanted to keep on sewing all those little HSTs until I had them all sewn into pinwheels.
Next on my schedule are 12 friendship exchange blocks due next month. I am not sure what day, so I know I need to get busy cutting and sewing them ASAP.
Happy Quilting

15 comments:

Karen said...

I like the way the design forms a pinwheel in the center of the block.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It turned out great. I can see a little of the border up in the corner. Maybe you can throw it across a bed for another picture to show the border. The little pinwheels sound like fun.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ooooooooooo fabulous!!!!

quiltmom anna said...

I love the design of this quilt Pam- It turned out great and will look great quilted for a bed. I think I would be pretty buzzed if I finished this one.
Thanks for sharing your terrific quilt.
Regards,
Anna

Crispy said...

Beautiful quilt Pam, how about folding the quilt and showing us a quarter of the quilt with the borders showing....I wanna see LOL

Crispy

Julie in the Barn said...

Wow, Pam. It turned out great! How do you plan to quilt it? My buzzsaw is still unquilted. I just can't decide what sort of design.

Angie said...

Yeaaah! It's Beautiful! I love the fabrics playing with the light open spaces. I can see why you stayed up so late. Gorgeous!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It is incredible!!

Teresa said...

Fantastic quilt - you did GOOD!

Teresa said...

Fantastic quilt - you did GOOD!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous quilt. The colors are so crisp together. Would love to see the borders too.

Carrie P. said...

Stunning. You should be very proud of that quilt.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Pam the quilt is wonderful - it might not be hard but it looks hard! I'd have probably given up after about the second block. :) You do such beautiful stuff. blessings, marlene

Kim D. said...

Beautiful Quilt Pam.. I hope you take another photo and share it with us. I'd love to see the whole quilt.

Roberta said...

Yay Pam! Debi is going to be thrilled to have this beautiful quilt. You did a great job!