Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day to everyone. A BIG thank you to all the troops, at home and overseas, who are risking their lives to keep us free. There is no picture this post. I have not done any sewing this week, so I have nothing to show but a messy sewing room. I have been busy buying fabric, washing fabric, and folding fabric though. I am a fabriholic, and I admit it openly! Is there a FAA group I can join? I need help! My husband and I took another trip up to Sonora to visit his dad in the hospital. His dad is doing much better, and that is very hopeful. On our way up to Sonora Saturday, we stopped at the Railroad Cafe for breakfast. Then we stopped at In Between Stitches where I signed up for a new BOM, actually two BOMs. They have a $5.00 quilt BOM starting next month. I have never participated in one of these $5 quilt programs before. I don't know if I can get there on time each month, but I will try. It will be challenging to see if I can actually get a quilt top for only $5.00. If I can get to the required meeting each month, I will not be required to pay for my block for that month as long as I bring the finished block from the month before, and I am on time to the class. We are required to stay for the entire class (less than an hour) in order to keep in good standing. What is not to like about going to a quilt store every month? By the way, I signed up for the PURPLE color group. Hope you all have a great week. Take care and..... Happy Quilting

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Well, of course you signed up for the purple colorway! I'd expect no less from you!

I'm with you on the fabricholism. I do try to behave myself, and as long as I stay away from the quilt store I do good. If I go in, I'm a goner! Oh well, I figure it could be a lot worse addiction!

Glad to hear your FIL is doing better. I hope he continues to improve.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That sounds like fun - can't wait to see what you make.

our shabby cottage said...

Wow, that BOM sounds too good to be true! I hope you can make it to the class every month! And how can we be surprised by you choosing the purple group!

YankeeQuilter said...

I cannot tell you how many of these 5 dollar quilt tops I have helped folks finish! They have been running them for years at our LQS. Someday a quilt historian will wonder why there was this sudden concentration of sampler quilts....

SueR said...

A $5 quilt top? Does that include your fabric? What a deal, I wish somebody would do that here!