Thank you all for your comments on the colors for my bear paw blocks. I decided on the purple for the middle of the blocks, and the blue for the outside of the blocks with the red as the corner squares. I have a couple more plain borders to apply for this step, then the next step will be a round of HSTs, and then the final plain border. It is looking very colorful, which was my goal. I love working with all these bright colors. It helps me feel cheerful even with the gray skies outside. We did have some sunshine this week, but the winds were still cold. Today it is overcast. The weather person has predicted warmer temps and sunshine for today, but not yet.
I am in such a sewing mood. I feel like I could sew up a storm today. I have a couple of errands to do, then I can get back to my machine. I have some projects that I want to finish ASAP. I also want to get back to my purple and green project. I think I need six more blocks and I will be ready to assemble the top. It is going to be so awesome!
I am also in the mood to sew up a scrap quilt. I have wanted to do Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt, and I really want to do some string piecing. Sharon is working on some string pieced blocks. I saw them on her blog. I have a pattern for some string pieced blocks similar to the one she is sewing. There is a pattern that I have seen that is called Picket Fence similar to her blocks. I have sewn together a quilt in my summer quilt class years ago that was called Picket Fence. My first Picket Fence quilt was with cut strips. The other pattern I saw is string pieced, and uses the color white. If you place the white in the right place, it forms a star when the blocks are sewn together. I really like the secondary design that the white color makes in the blocks. I love it when you sew a pattern together, then when all the blocks are sewn together for the quilt top another design appears. That is what I call more bang for the buck!
Well folks, I must get my errands done so I can get back to my sewing. Take care, stay warm and stay well.
Happy Quilting
4 comments:
Of course you'd choose purple! It looks great Pam.
It's looking good!
I've been trying to email you for 2 days and the emails won't go through.
Your Bear's Paw block looks good! I really like your color choices. And that is going to be one colorful quilt! Yay!
So, are ya gonna do the string thing?? Go for it!
Colorful is an understatement for this project and I just love it! I mean really, with all the colors in the crayon box, why should we just use one or two?
Post a Comment