This quilt looks like a kaleidoscope design, but the pattern is actually a star design. I won most of these blocks a few years ago from my guild's block of the month program. I made a couple more blocks so that I would have enough to make this top. Then it sat for a few years. Last month I sewed borders on the top and gave it to the machine quilter to quilt for me. She did a great job and I had the quilt back in about a week. I sewed a striped fabric for the binding and finished it in time to take it to the June meeting where I donated it to our Community Quilts program. This is another UFO finished this year.
I also finished a baby quilt the other day which was also a UFO. I will take a picture of it and post it soon.
Happy Quilting
3 comments:
The turquoise is such a pretty color. My first glance at the quilt picture, I saw what I call spider web blocks surrounded by turqoise as a setting not even realizing they made star shapes.
Oh nice - that is one of my favorite quilt patterns! I call it a Spider Web - many other names, but D O N E is the BEST name! Elaine Adair
I don't quite get how it is a star design? I would call it a spiderweb? But I do see the 4 pointed turquiose stars is that what you were refering to? Anyway it's a fun quilt and congrates on the finish! cheers!
Post a Comment