Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Second Baby Quilt


This is another baby quilt that I finished last week.  It has already been gifted, and the baby boy was born last Friday.  The focal fabric I used in this quilt was left over fabric from another baby quilt that I made for one of our teachers at the school I was working at the time.  I do not remember buying so much of this fabric, but I have enough left to make one, or maybe two more baby quilts.  There were several teachers having babies that year as I remember.  I was making baby quilts for months!  I still make lots of baby quilts it seems.  I think baby quilts are my favorite quilt to make.  They are small, and usually fast to make. 

This quilt top was made in a weekend.  With nine patches and an alternate square of the focal fabric, it went together quickly.  I really like the diagonal pattern made by the nine patches.  My inspiration for this design came from a book by Ursula Reikes, Even More Quilts for Baby Easy as A B C.

Happy Spring and Happy Quilting


1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Cute cute and cute. Such bright colors - great for babies. I love the nine patch and used it whenever I could in my quilts.