Sunday, August 11, 2013
Dresden Plate class
Wow, here is another post - two in less than a week! Well, I attended a quilt class on Saturday. It was great. The teacher was Anelie Belden, the author of Thoroughly Modern Dresden. I finished this top today. I had most of it done yesterday. It was a good class and Anelie is a super teacher. She has a different method of sewing together the dresden block which I found fun and easy to do.
I made this project from some left over fabrics that I had on the shelf. I always have such stress when it is necessary to pick out fabrics for a project. Once in a while I know right away what fabric I want to use. This time I stared at my wall of fabric and spotted this bundle. I had rolled all the left over fabrics together. When I pulled them down, I realized there was just enough for this wall hanging. I feel so good that I used scraps for this project. I still have some fabrics left, maybe enough to do another small project.
Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Happy Quilting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love it love it love it. I love Dresden plate design so much I have four Dresden Plate tops to be quilted - oh my. Now you see why I've stopped making quilt tops.
I love it love it love it. I love Dresden plate design so much I have four Dresden Plate tops to be quilted - oh my. Now you see why I've stopped making quilt tops.
I love Dresden plate designs, but I've never did one. Yours is so pretty!
Very pretty Dresden Plate! Glad you enjoyed the class.
Yes, picking out fabrics takes longer than making the quilt sometimes! I don't stress, necessarily, but I end up with too many options and cannot make up my mind. I drive myself crazy!
love it. I think the light green fabric is perfect to set the dresden on.
Post a Comment